Special moment with Percy!

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I was sitting on the couch next to Percy's playstand, nibbling on trail mix and chatting to him, when Mr Percy decided today was the day to come coochicoo with mommy (nothing like nuts to motivate this one!)

He clambered over to the edge of the gym and went "come! Come!" (Which means 'pick me up') so I held out my arm and he stepped up and ran up to my shoulder where he proceeded to beg for bites from my trial mix. Of course, he only wanted nuts :20:

I managed to snap a pic while the nuts crumbs were raining into my cleavage! LOL!

IMG-20140101-00582_zps957dd544.jpg

I returned him to the gym before he could remember that he doesn't like me so we ended our nutty encounter on a positive note :)

15 minutes later, he got a big fright because a bird flew by his window. He flew off the gym and landed almost in the big dog's mouth! (Not really - the big dog is outside on the verandah and there is a security door between his teeth and Percy but Percy landed/clung to this door). My son quickly retrieved him and put him on his gym where he....wait for it....shuffled away from his dearest (my son) and called me! I went over and rubbed his footie and tummy and made all the right sounds until he stopped panting....and lunged for a bite, meaning (probably) "allright, I'm all better now, you may leave!". :54:

He's such a character!:rolleyes:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Percy's coloring is just spectacular!!! What a gorgeous boy he is!!! :D

I hope you were able to shake all the nut pieces out of your..ya know...the girly parts. :54:

What a little stinker for first wanting mommy and then trying to nip you. But hey, it's a GREAT sign that he asked for YOU, and nobody else!! :D

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Percy's coloring is just spectacular!!! What a gorgeous boy he is!!! :D

He seems to have gotten a bigger "blue cap" with his current molt but that may just be my imagination!

What a little stinker for first wanting mommy and then trying to nip you. But hey, it's a GREAT sign that he asked for YOU, and nobody else!! :D

Yeah, that seems to be one of his special 'Percy-isms'. When he gets a fright, he wants me! :11: But as soon as hes recovered from the fright its back to :smile039:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
what amazing progress! I am so thrilled for you, I know how hard you have worked to get to here:) Gives me much hope! Great way to start the New Year!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Percy is going to have your family trained in very short order,LOL.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
He's got such a cute little face. I love the way they hold their food in their "hands".

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
What a beautiful little face!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Most Reactions