Stainless Steel Bells?

Caitnah

Mar 24, 2018
Upstate New York
Parrots
GCC Pineapple
My Conure absolutely LOVES bells. My vet has recommended that I get rid of all of them due to possible zinc toxicity.
Does anyone know where to get Liberty Bell or Cowbell style SS bells?
I found the tube type (which I ordered) but really want other styles but seem tough to find.
That leads me to a comment...am sure that the toxic metals are much cheaper to mfg but SO WHAT? I have no problem spending more money for safer metal toys so do not understand why the toxic toys are made. I’m sure other bird owners wouldn’t mind spending the extra dollars also.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Royalavian.com is kind of a standard bearer for stainless steel toys for birds. Check them out.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Make sure they are stainless and also be cautious about the clapper--- I know someone who had a TAG and the clapper came off and got lodged in his throat (requiring an emergency procedure and thousands of dollars eek/lol-- bird was okay, but make sure they are solid). They aren't all bad-- but it's something to be aware of.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
The stainless steel tubular bells are perfectly safe.not only is the material safe but because the clapper is deep inside the bell, parrots can't rip them out. Salty has 2 different sizes and he loves them.

OP
Caitnah

Caitnah

Mar 24, 2018
Upstate New York
Parrots
GCC Pineapple
The stainless steel tubular bells are perfectly safe.not only is the material safe but because the clapper is deep inside the bell, parrots can't rip them out. Salty has 2 different sizes and he loves them.

I wish companies would make ALL SS parts. My guy loves to hold the clapper in his mouth and scratch his head...who knows why? But he doesn’t try and pull clapper out, he just loves to play with them. Many times, he holds the bell in his foot and rings it like Santa Claus.
Breaks my heart to take these away from him.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
You can keep them around if they are stainless--- I just mentioned the clapper part because I knew someone whose parrot was nearly killed by one, but Noodles had bells and she is find so far....Granted, she doesn't care for them much.

Most Reactions