Stevie is a good talker, don't you think?

KeroRocks

Feb 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Parrots
Sheldon-M- GCC |
Cooper -F--Yellow sided GCC | Dori -F- Blue Quaker | Marley -M- Sun Conure | Kero -M- Hahn's Macaw | Sam-M- CAG
|Yara -F- RFM | Boo -F- Red Rump parakeet
He is very clear! My Hahns is pretty young and most of his talking sounds like an old smoker LOL

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Now that was AMAZING!!! Yes, he speaks QUITE clearly!!! :D

And what a super pretty Stevie he is with an AWESOME setup. :D

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your video of your Stevie. I regret a lot that I don't have one video of my Illiger's Diego. (I take it now they are calling the Illiger's "Blue Winged Macaw?) I enjoyed watching and listening to Stevie as it brought back a lot of memories of my Diego. I am not surprised he is such a good talker as Diego was an exceptional talker. He will keep learning and his vocabulary will grow as he gets older.

Although I have Diego's scrapbook album complete which includes my memories of him I really enjoy reading about Stevie and watching the video. Your bond with him will get stronger and he will talk more with the want to communicate with you. Don't be alarmed if his call for you get a LOT louder. LOL.

I love his cage set up. Diego's cage now belongs to my RFM Valentino. It is a huge kings 406 stainless steel monster. It weights 210 pounds and I remember non bird people making fun of me of how large the cage was compared to the mini macaw inside. I never regreted getting him such a large cage as my Diego played and used every square foot of it. He even used the grate. I know it houses a parrot now twice the size of my Illiger's but it was worth it. I am wondering what kind of cage you got for Stevie. I really like how it looks and the paint on it looks real tough and well done.

I am glad you are doing much much better with your Stevie. Love him for me as I miss my Diego every day.

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Stevie is a good talker and talkes louder then Captain Jack. I read somewhere that mini macaws can have a bigger vocabulary then the big boys (I do not know if that is true or not). I hear your budgies in the background. :)

Last edited:

Blueridge

Sep 16, 2013
North Carolina
Parrots
Rocky - Yellow-Faced Quaker Parrot
Sweet your lil mini macaw has some mad talkin skills if I do say so myself.

My quaker parrot screams "MILLET MILLETTT!!!!!!" When he wants some millet haha

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
He is a very clear talker! You should soooo nominate Stevie for Pet of the Day! We love when folks have video or sound files of their birds' vocalizations!

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
He's a great talker! Couldn't hear parts of it because Simba was reacting to it and talking back. "C'mere!" Yeah, like Stevie's gonna come on over. Sheesh! :D

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I know from experience you will not regret dropping the money to vet Stevie. I can sleep better at night knowing we have my parrots blood count, levels and numbers, information that will clue the doctor in knowing if there is a problem developing. Every year I bring in my parrots to have a well bird checkup and blood draw. This helps keep on top of things and can get signals if disease is starting to develop. Diego died of a stroke. He had heart disease and I didn't know it. I struggled with my Noble macaw's heart disease for almost two years before a heart attack finally took him. I will never neglect the well bird checkup and blood draw again. The first appointment will be the most expensive but after that, depending on the results of the lab work will dictate future care.

I also feel a kinship with you as my heat went out to you when you were having your problems with Stevie. All I knew is that it didn't have to be that way with your Illiger's macaw and that you were hurting over the issues. If you ever want to chat about Illiger's macaws and have questions go ahead and PM me. I look forward to more video's and posts about Stevie.

Most Reactions

Latest posts