Still waiting....

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Well I'm still waiting for my baby RB2 to come home... He was supposed to come home this weekend, but it looks like some time this next week. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard -especially staring at an empty cage every day... I thought I was going to be able to spend my birthday with my new baby :( *sigh*

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Because the aviary is quite a drive away from the airport they take birds in batches, well they tried scheduling everything for this weekend but there wasn't a flight with enough room for all the lil fluff balls. 😖 she gave me the guarantee that if my baby isn't in my hands by this Friday she'll give me a full refund.
I said great, that's nice to know- but I'd rather wait a few extra days for my baby!!!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Yeah, I can't imagine it'd be too difficult to resolve

I just want my baby home safe n sound so I can shnuggle him!!

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
we are all excited for you, can't wait for pics!!!
Your baby will ne home soon.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I knowwwwwww.... Lol

Quigley got excited when I set everything back up- she was looking for Jackie 💔 but in his absence I've made some great headway with her- she's always been super skittish and afraid of hands, but now she'll scoot next to the bars and chat with me and she tasted my finger a couple times lol

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
As :( at least she gave you a sure way of knowing your baby will be there before Friday. A full refund is a lot of money to promise! She must be extremely confident to say that.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
As :( at least she gave you a sure way of knowing your baby will be there before Friday. A full refund is a lot of money to promise! She must be extremely confident to say that.

Umm yeah- especially since we paid A LOT for him...well it's A LOT to us lol

But I told her I don't mind waiting a few extra days as long as in the end we have our baby, I really don't want to deal with the hassle of getting a refund and then trying to find another baby and going through the whole process again.

Last edited:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Shirre, smear a bit of honey or peanut butter on your finger and let Quigley taste that. You'll become very popular very quickly! (NB. Just a *smear* - too much makes them sneeze - and it's fattening).

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Shirre, smear a bit of honey or peanut butter on your finger and let Quigley taste that. You'll become very popular very quickly! (NB. Just a *smear* - too much makes them sneeze - and it's fattening).

Ooo!! I'll try it tomorrow and see if it works :)

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
Getwozzy, we can't wait to see your pics of the baby. It's so very hard to wait. I'm so excited for you. After reading about Copperarabian's Rosie and enjoying her adorable pics and videos, my son and I also want a Galah (we have to wait about 6-8 months, though & save some $$). I've been asking him if he would want a Zon instead but he adamantly says, "NO!". He's rather afraid of the larger, hot parrots, lol.

Galah's are so beautiful and babies are way too cute. Your little one will be home soon. Happy Birthday, btw!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Getwozzy, we can't wait to see your pics of the baby. It's so very hard to wait. I'm so excited for you. After reading about Copperarabian's Rosie and enjoying her adorable pics and videos, my son and I also want a Galah (we have to wait about 6-8 months, though & save some $$). I've been asking him if he would want a Zon instead but he adamantly says, "NO!". He's rather afraid of the larger, hot parrots, lol.

Galah's are so beautiful and babies are way too cute. Your little one will be home soon. Happy Birthday, btw!

Awww thank you :)

I can understand why your son says no to a zon, but I honestly believe it depends on the species- there are some members here that have some very sweet zons, and I believe lilac crowns are known to be sweet tempered.

But I'm glad we chose a galah instead of another zon- I love seeing pictures and reading stories about Rosie and her cuteness -it's irresistible lol

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Lol I'm actually making a list of the amount of people who get galahs because of Rosie's influence, I'm glad people enjoy hearing about her that much. Luckily it's only members on the forum, so they're all bird savvy people, I really try discouraging a lot of people I meet outside of here.

I bet he was expensive, what like $2,000? Whenever I look at galah prices I feel lucky I adopted Rosie for nothing from my friends because I sure can't afford that! Lol maybe one day after I've graduated and actually have a consistent income. Pet sitting and photography commissions allow me to get Rosie and Kenji their food/toys and save for get vet emergencies.

Any new news from the breeder about what day the babies are flying out? I'm excited to see the baby photos :heart:

Last edited:
OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I bet he was expensive, what like $2,000? Whenever I look at galah prices I feel lucky I adopted Rosie for nothing from my friends because I sure can't afford that! Lol maybe one day after I've graduated and actually have a consistent income. Pet sitting and photography commissions allow me to get Rosie and Kenji their food/toys and save for get vet emergencies.

Any new news from the breeder about what day the babies are flying out? I'm excited to see the baby photos :heart:

$1450 including shipping and crate fees...brand newly weaned babies were around $2000ish, but then add $170 for new toys, perches, etc and then a new bird visit...😱 so I'm very thankful we could afford this right now lol

She just emailed me this morning and said we'll hopefully have more info on shipping by the end of the day.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
i can't wait to see pics of your new baby!! That's so cool. Hope you have him home asap! I remember last Sept, knowing Gilbert was coming home and not knowing when.....i was "scared" in a way, but it all worked out just right in the end. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
When I got Jennifer [My RB2] In Newyork [she was 2500]. I definitely wanted another Rb2 after seeing Coppers Rosie. My thought if I keep seeing these pictures Im going to need my own Rosie !!! LOL . This is Owen ,I got him in June. He came from a breeder in Georgia for 1200. Rb2s are way different than Zons ;)
pinkbirdy-albums-more-birds-picture9242-wings-003.jpg

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I *DO* want a galah, but not because of Rosie! :D

I hope the waiting isn't too much longer! Galahs are such amazing birds! :)

Most Reactions