Strange discovery I made today

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I dunno why I'm posting this, but here goes anyhow.

Today, I was tidying my bottom drawer when I happened upon a plastic bag. It contained approximately forty two inches of plaited hair! LOL! I don't believe I just wrote that!

I cut off Major Hair the year my daughter was born (1994). Then, I cut off another lot of Major Hair the year she went to Italy (2009) and so did she. In the bag were our three lots of Major Hair! I was amazed to notice the difference in colour of my two contributions. In 1994, my hair was still red. By 2009, it was reddish brown. Now, it's just brown. Daughter's hair is brilliant copper and I hope it stays that way. I wrapped the plaits up tightly and put them away for another ten years or so.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh that just choked me up. Not because the haircolor changed, but because you said you cut off the locks when your daughter moved to Italy. My oldest "baby" is moving to California tomorrow, and I have NO hair to clip off of him. :(

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Aw Wendy, that's sad. I get very sentimental and want something tangible too!! Everyone ends up on my charm bracelets!!

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
You could make a cool bracelet out of a braid with the right beads

Most Reactions