Strange

Jayserileytekno

Aug 3, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Green cheek
Nothing has changed at all, same routine, same people in house , location etc.
Yet, Tekno has seemed to start getting all suss about me again. Won't step up if my finger is out but will jump over it onto my wrist to avoid it. He won't come near me unless I have a treat, and he will take it and 8/10 times will move right awy into his "comfort zone".
He was also talking the other week and has seemed to have ditched that and will only 'wolf whistle'
He will be silent when I'm in the room, but if I leave he makes these little noises which I'm guessing is his way of trying to get me back into the room or something.

Any ideas? It's frustrating as. It's like he's taken a few steps back for no reason

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
How old is he? he's probably just hormonal right now, if he is then its just a phase and you have to basically deal with it lol you can take him to the vet and get a hormonal shot and that should help out. just keep doing what your doing and he'll go back to normal in no time:)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Sounds like he's growing up is all... and he probably doesn't require a hormonal shot.

If he'll take treats from you, can you lure him onto your hand using treats? Have you tried training any tricks with him? He may enjoy that!

Most Reactions