Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huss

Sep 18, 2011
Sydney
Parrots
Male eclectus
Well it's been a while since I been here and the last time I was probably complaining about my boy rocky squawking. Well just wanna update u all on our progress. He is the sweetest guy now. He's so so so attached to me it's a little scary. He stays inside now on his own perch and when ever I leave the room he will climb down and look for me. He has also started talking and at times wont stop. He also imitates my young daughters screams and laughs. My wife freaks out thinking that the kids are screaming or something has happened to them. Well he never squawks anymore. The one thing that I believed helpede was to get him out of his cage and onto a perch. There is more interaction and I guess he actually feels part of our family now. Just one question for u guys. Is it ok to leave him on his perch when it's bedtime. We turn off all the lights and he seems ok. Is it ok???

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
if he can get down off of it then i wouldn't do that. but if he can not get down off his perch at anytime that there shouldn't be a problem. if i were you i would put the perch in your room n let him sleep on it n there n close the door. if he happens to get off to tellings what he can get in to. in do you have any other pets.

Oedipussrex

Jun 3, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Charlie - Galah
It depends on how bird-safe your house is. I put mine in their cages to sleep. but i know not everyone does.

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
i dont lock my birds up at night , they come to sleeping cages in my room and they sleep either ontop or in them but i never close them up and i dont have a problem

Most Reactions