Success!

dawnkyung

Jul 23, 2012
Parrots
Banner, Amazon Parrot
After a few weeks of being sure that Banner would starve to death while I was trying to switch her over to Harrison's, I'm happy to report that she is eating it regularly now. She had been eating the medium-sized Zupreem natural - the pellet size was a bit smaller than coarse Harrison's, so I smashed up the Harrison's and eventually saw her gnawing on it. The pepper flavor helped the transition too.

She went down to 478g from 510g in the process, but I weighed her yesterday and she was back up to 501. She hasn't had any Zupreem for about a week and a half!

Don't give up if you're trying to switch foods! :)

Banner is also doing quite well so far with both my bf and myself. She is taken out by both of us, although I do the riskier things such as putting her in her travel cage (she's not thrilled to go in it) and holding her when we go on walks. I do think she prefers my boyfriend and she will accept scritches from him anytime - for me, she has to be in the mood. I'm quite happy with the current arrangement and we are careful to only scritch her head and there is no intense, intimate cuddling that takes place. She goes to anyone and is content to amuse herself most of the time and loves to play voraciously with her toys in her cage or on her playstand, usually sneaking peeks at us to make sure we're watching how awesome she is. Haha.

She's been great so far - I keep waiting for the shoe to drop and for one of us to get really nailed or for her to start screaming like a banshee all the time.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
yeah Banner and you too. Keep up the good work.

Most Reactions