Sudden goffins mood change

Leahzebelle

Aug 7, 2011
Vancouver, WA.
Parrots
1 Goffins Cockatoo. 1 Green Cheek Conure. 3 Parakeets.
I have a 10 month old Goffins Cockatoo. The last two days there's been a huge shift in his mood. When i try to get him to step up he attacks my hands. He always did this with my partner but never with me. He's broken the skin multiple times in the last couple days. I've tried my best not to react any differently with him, i just calmly keep trying to go back and ask him to step up.

There hasn't been any upset in the house, no change in schedule, no new people or birds. He gets lots of out of cage time in the living room, out of sight of his cage. He gets fresh veggies each morning, and birdie bread snacks during the day.

He's been moulting pretty bad the past month or so, however it's really started tapering off in the past week. He got slightly grumpier when he first started moulting, which i was told was to be expected.

He's my baby boy, he gets treated like a king in my house, so it's not due to mistreatment or neglect. I do try to keep him fairly independent, and it's working quite well. He's very content to play on his rope gym on the ceiling for a few hours with no interaction.

Any ideas as to why he's acting like this? Any advice on what I should do would be great.

:white1:

Most Reactions