Super stinker

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
We've had a lot of chaos at our house recently: construction of a new roof; carrying stuff in and out of the house as we get rid of old furniture and replace it with different (not new, just different) furniture. Lots of days when we're hardly around because of stuff that's going on. So Rocky has been screaming a lot and when we are home, demanding of attention.

(Yes, I point out to him that the little parrots aren't getting attention either, but he doesn't CARE about the little parrots).

So this morning, like most mornings, I had to change his water since he's fond of making pellet soup and/or bathing in his water dish, and when I walked away and left the little door open where his water goes, he squeezed his giant self through that tiny opening and came out of his cage before the prescribed time. Mama is not a morning bird, even if Rocky IS, and prefers to leave Rocky in his cage while she drinks her coffee and tries to come back to life. No such luck today.

I keep telling him, and the little parrots, that this is all temporary. Soon we'll have the roof done, the furniture all switched around, the running around completed, and be all back to normal, and while the little parrots aren't thrilled, they are understanding, but Rocky is NOT.

jm0

Aug 6, 2017
Denmark
Parrots
Tux (Blue Throated Parakeet) - 2 year.
It will be fine! Just get back to normal as soon as possible, to reduce any acumulated stress.

"I keep telling him"
Well, parrots don't speak human you know. Ha :D

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Ahh yes!!! "the little food/water bowl door!!" It IS amazing how a 543g'ish pork chop of an AMAZON can accomplish the exact same feat as Rocky! :eek: :confused: Boggles the mind...lol

Jim

OP
Siobhan

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Like I said, he's a stinker. LOL And then he hung on the side of the cage, blocking the opening ("Maybe Mom will think I used the transporter to get out here!") so I couldn't put his water dish back in. I had to push him aside (and he didn't want to move) to get the water bowl in. Sheesh. The least you can do is get out of the way, dude.

rangerktc1

Aug 28, 2017
Media
New York
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo-11 yo female "Bianca"
That is too funny. My Bianca did the exact same thing this morning. I must have not closed properly her food dish last night when I put her to bed, and when I came down this morning she was on top of the cage, acting so impressed with herself. It took me a minute to figure out how she got out because she pushed the food dish back in. The opening is not that big and Bianca is pretty large for a female.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I'm trying to picture an Umbrella Cockatoo literally folding themselves up and squeezing themselves through that little swing-out door..I can't imagine my Senegal Parrot getting through there, let alone a Cockatoo or an Amazon!

Better stop using those door on Kane's cage to change his food and water before he catches-on....

OP
Siobhan

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Rocky can open his cage and come out any time he wants to. He can undo the latches as fast as I can. I only shut him in overnight. He's out the rest of the time. So why go through the tiny water dish door? I had to fasten his food dish door because he dumps his food when he finds too many orange pellets. He hates orange pellets.

Most Reactions

Latest posts