Syd scores a bulls-eye!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Now I don't quite believe this and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes...... I was cleaning the bathroom - as you do - Syd was with me as I did a quick spruce up of the relevant parts and I had put him on the counter top where he watched carefully.

Having done the loo I had left the seat up and Syd sidled up to the edge of the top looked carefully over the side and aimed a poop almost horizontally so that it landed carefully in the water of the loo. I swear he then gave me an almost triumphant look as he swaggered across to get himself back on my shoulder.

If he did in fact know that it was the place for his deposit - well - he's some clever toddler!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Believe it! Not only do they know that poops are, well poops and not a welcome thing for people ( think how many times we read that a person fouls up with a parrot only to have them take a good poop on them), but i think they definitively can feel pride in their actions. I know Salty struts and acts all proud when he accomplishes a hard trick the first few times. Like "Oh Snap! Nailed it".

Most Reactions