Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
So, it was a pretty quick visit, but I'm really happy with the vet I went to, he handled Sydney very well and everyone in the office was very nice.

He's at 465 grams, so still a bit of weight loss to go, but he's very healthy, everything looks good.

As for his tumors, they're most likely papillomas, and have been there for some time since he said they feel hard and calcified. As long as they don't change, they're okay to stay, but if I see any growth, he'll remove them. It just gives me more evidence that Sydney really might have been a wild caught bird.

The papillomas aren't blocking his vent, which is good, and his feet are healing, so it might just take a bit longer for the scales to come back, but it looks to be some scar tissue.

So, assuming they are the papillomas, are there any precautions I should be taking with him or my other birds?:green:

OP
Aquila

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Somerton Animal Hospital in Philadelphia, Dr. Gulliford. Very nice, very informative. They carry Harrison's as well, so I'll probably go pick some up when they get in more.

Good to know it's nothing I really need to worry too much about, since he won't be breeding.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I know Anna of Macaw & Cockatoo Rescue has experience with this.
Macaw and Cockatoo Rescue of New Mexico

Hope PF doesn't mind (I wont link to other forums unless I think the info in a post may be helpful), but she wrote about it on another forum, picture included - about identifying blood in stools from one of the zons she took in that is infected with this virus.
Identifying Blood In Stool - BirdBoard

OP
Aquila

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Here's a few pictures of Sydney from the other day when I brought his new cage home. He loves to just sit and watch my conure, he's obsessed with her!

Attachments

• Sydney 2012-12-08 001.jpg
    Sydney 2012-12-08 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Sydney 2012-12-08 004.jpg
    Sydney 2012-12-08 004.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Sydney 2012-12-07 002.jpg
    Sydney 2012-12-07 002.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 117

Most Reactions

Latest posts