Talking already or am I nuts?!

dogslovepeace

Apr 7, 2015
Last night Sgt. Pepper was being playful and started mimicking me. I swear at least 20-30 times I heard her say/try to say "what?!" She is 9 weeks old and I've known her for about a month and have had her home for 2 weeks.

I say "what" a lot. When she chirps at me or the dogs bark I will ask them "what?!" playfully. My cousin tried to record us but my dogs started barking and broke the mood. So is it our imaginations? My husband said we are reaching but he wasn't there for the exchange of her repeating it back at me so he's only heard her distractedly chattering.

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
I would say he is talking!!! What a wonderful moment - I remember the first time JellyBean said his first word - he was 6 months old and he said "JellyBean" I couldn't believe it.... overjoyed!!! lol...

Sherry1

Mar 1, 2015
California
Parrots
"Quinn C. Pickle" Dusky Conure born 12/14/14 home 3/18/15
Dusky's aren't known for being good talkers so I don't have any grand expectations for Quinn but yesterday was the first time he 'asked' for kisses. He'll run up and nuzzle my chin and I'll make smooch kissy noises and say, "kisses" as I kiss his head. Yesterday and today he ran up to my chin making kissy noises....so of course he got lots of kisses!

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
I have been wondering the dame thing. Sometimes it sounds like Jet (tiel) about 6 months is trying to say bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts