Talking Moses

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello
My wife and I noticed that Moses has not been talking too much the past 2 weeks, alothough yesterday he was more talkative:)
We suspect that because his best buddy our dog (Duchess passed away from cancer) that maybe he is missing his best friend:(
Does anyone have advice or knowledge if their ecky does not talk very much?
He did hear my wife coming in the house from shopping and he did say "Momma" and the when he saw her he did "Hello", so possibly he is getting better:)
Thank you and God Bless
Larry azflacowboy

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_114450833.jpg
    IMG_20210807_114450833.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 7

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Our dog Tinker passed away last week, and Salty has been quiet and is always looking for her. I expect that to pass after awhile, likely the same with your parrot too.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Human's seriously under-estimate the level 'family' each member feels! When a member is ill or passes, it deeply affects everyone in the household. Very likely your Moses has been mourning the loss of Duchess. Time will pass and the loss will soften and Moses will reengage with his family.

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Human's seriously under-estimate the level 'family' each member feels! When a member is ill or passes, it deeply affects everyone in the household. Very likely your Moses has been mourning the loss of Duchess. Time will pass and the loss will soften and Moses will reengage with his family.
Hello
Yes and I agree with you.
Upon posting this about Moses and Duchess I really came to believe that is the problem.
Duchess passed away 2 weeks ago and Moses still says a few times a day "Where's my Duchy" :( we were trying to get Duchess to get up and move around and Moses still says "Duchy want to go out with Momma" so i agree that Moses will take time to be normal again. Today he went in his play house and started talking more than usual but did it when he was alone in his little covered playhouse. They would not let me post the picture of Duchess (our german shepherd) and Moses. Moses would bring this toys to Duchess and even gave her a kiss a few times....thank you for your comment God Bless
Larry azflacowboy

Most Reactions

Latest posts