Tea for me?!? Maybe?!?

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
IMG_0168.jpeg

My Jenday has an addiction… she needs tea anonymous. I can’t remember the last morning I didn’t have a bird in my tea. Yes she will fly over and land right on my tea 🤦‍♀️ I have to let it cool down in the microwave or she’d get burnt because if she can see it. She will fly, and invite herself to some tea.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'm unconcerned with this, and it's a good bonding moment. Not to much caffine. Conures are hardy and should be fine. My Sun likes to try to get some wine....sometimes gets away with it and gets a sip. Just make sure it's not a staple.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I don't think conures were taken over by the british.... Bird is ding this on its own,

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Does Kiwi follow proper English Tea time protocols?

That is strong bonding, for certain!
She forgot about manners all together. We will work on that 😂😂

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
She forgot about manners all together. We will work on that 😂😂
Manners!! LOL Good luck with that! Syd has only one set of manners and it involves Meeeeeeeee first always! I firmly believe that in all innocence I invited this little feather ball into my home and it has never been the same since. I am the lodger, cleaner, cook and bottle washer and Syd supervises, dictates the rules and generally manages to organise my days.
I know - I only have myself to blame and I have managed to instil certain behaviours to make living together possible but let's put it this way it's always me that puts out the rubbish!! :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:o_O:love:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Adorable! I give Ona her bird tea from a coffee cup with a specific logo on the front. One time my husband made me tea in that cup and she would NOT leave me alone. I had to go make her her own to get her to back off 🤣

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Adorable! I give Ona her bird tea from a coffee cup with a specific logo on the front. One time my husband made me tea in that cup and she would NOT leave me alone. I had to go make her her own to get her to back off 🤣
Why haven't I thought of that. I know just which cup to use!!

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
IMG_0182.jpeg

My tea is their tea. Their tea is their tea. Anyone’s future tea is their tea. If you think of tea… yes, that is theirs as well. Everything is theirs 😂😂😂

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Bumble has definitely claimed certain dishes as her own. I don't dare put anything in "her" blue bowls (Pyrex 1 cup bowls perfect for treats and foraging) because she will assume it for her. They're so funny!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Bumble has definitely claimed certain dishes as her own. I don't dare put anything in "her" blue bowls (Pyrex 1 cup bowls perfect for treats and foraging) because she will assume it for her. They're so funny!
Too true! I have a pottery bowl with blue interior. Syd wouldn't take to bathing until one day he spotted it and it has been his bath ever since. Goodness knows what he'll do to me if I happen to break it. I'm not sure how good he is at forgiveness. The more I write the more I am beginning to doubt my sanity. I was under the impression that I was doing ok but seeing these things in print is making me wonder!!! :eek::love::rolleyes:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Too true! I have a pottery bowl with blue interior. Syd wouldn't take to bathing until one day he spotted it and it has been his bath ever since. Goodness knows what he'll do to me if I happen to break it. I'm not sure how good he is at forgiveness. The more I write the more I am beginning to doubt my sanity. I was under the impression that I was doing ok but seeing these things in print is making me wonder!!! :eek::love::rolleyes:
You're among friends here 🤣 I definitely know that when I start talking to my non-bird friends I realize I sound like a real crackpot 🤣

Most Reactions

Latest posts