Syd's quandary

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Poor Syd! His cage is on a stand so there is plenty of room beneath - don't worry it's bright and airy - but he is on the floor having gathered a plastic carrier bag and a tea-towel. He has a lasting passion for plastic carriers recently overtaken by a love of fabric but now he has both and seems to have met his choice overload point. As I walk across the room he rushes out to attack my feet and is currently moving the bag presumably having decided his favourite. Bless him! Syd - life is full of choices. He might need a cage break soon just to rest his little brain!

Now I have really freaked him out. The washing machine has started - another of his obsessions - so now he is flying to and fro from plastic to fabric to washer, squawking at the top of his little lungs. At least he is practising his up and down flying skills. Today has turned into a bit of a stunt flying show.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwwwwwwwwwww Syd, and here's me thinking you'd given up on the Plastic Fantastic - seems she wins out after all!
sydsqq.png

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I fear he is currently a complete emotional mess. Never mind Syd, it happens to the best of us! He is currently taking solace in performing rude things with the plastic bag but keeping it well away from the tea-towel. I think Freud would have a field day.

Most Reactions