Tell me they don't understand context...

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
It seems like the behavioral sub forum is mostly a place to discuss bad or unwanted behaviors, but it doesn't have to be. We can also celebrate our bird's positive behaviors. :) To that point, I'd like to share a silly Tucker story from this afternoon.

I needed some new toys and supplies, and finally having a little time to go, I made a pilgrimage to the refuge. I had planned to bring Baxter along for the ride and visit, but she didn't seem interested. Tucker, on the other hand, was crouched down with the fluttery wings of excitement and anticipation. How could I say no to that? So, in the carrier he went, and we were on our way.

Tucker was so happy to go, and whistled and jabbered the whole way there. Of course he was a star, and the other customers thought he was just amazing, and gorgeous. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I have to agree ;)🤣 He helped me pick out toys, and visited with several customers, totally pouring on the charm. That's my boy! ♥️

Okay, so feeling quite full of himself after everyone made of him, he was in a prime mood on the way home, and jabbered away even more. He loves his sound effects, but started using more words. Things I either haven't heard in ages, or never at all, and all in that sweet little boy ekkie voice that melts my heart. Hi, hello, what are you doing, how are you doing... To date, he's told me I love you exactly once, but we work on it every single day.

Mixed in with all the other stuff, it sounded like he was starting to say it. I was sooooo excited at the prospect, and he was eating up the excitement. I kept trying....

Me: I love you
Tucker: Hi
Tucker: What are you doing?
Me: Tuck Tuck, can you say I love you?
Tucker: I don't wanna. (Just as clear as can be, and still in that little boy voice)

Really? 💔

Tell me they don't understand context. 🙄🤣

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
It seems like the behavioral sub forum is mostly a place to discuss bad or unwanted behaviors, but it doesn't have to be. We can also celebrate our bird's positive behaviors. :) To that point, I'd like to share a silly Tucker story from this afternoon.

I needed some new toys and supplies, and finally having a little time to go, I made a pilgrimage to the refuge. I had planned to bring Baxter along for the ride and visit, but she didn't seem interested. Tucker, on the other hand, was crouched down with the fluttery wings of excitement and anticipation. How could I say no to that? So, in the carrier he went, and we were on our way.

Tucker was so happy to go, and whistled and jabbered the whole way there. Of course he was a star, and the other customers thought he was just amazing, and gorgeous. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I have to agree ;)🤣 He helped me pick out toys, and visited with several customers, totally pouring on the charm. That's my boy! ♥️

Okay, so feeling quite full of himself after everyone made of him, he was in a prime mood on the way home, and jabbered away even more. He loves his sound effects, but started using more words. Things I either haven't heard in ages, or never at all, and all in that sweet little boy ekkie voice that melts my heart. Hi, hello, what are you doing, how are you doing... To date, he's told me I love you exactly once, but we work on it every single day.

Mixed in with all the other stuff, it sounded like he was starting to say it. I was sooooo excited at the prospect, and he was eating up the excitement. I kept trying....

Tucker: Hi
Tucker: What are you doing?
Me: Tuck Tuck, can you say I love you?
Tucker: I don't wanna. (Just as clear as can be, and still in that little boy voice)

Really? 💔

Tell me they don't understand context. 🙄🤣
Oh I bet everyone was delighted to see Tucker! I sure would be! Sounds like he enjoyed all the attention and being in the spotlight.

But Tucker! That was rude to say to your daddy! :ROFLMAO: Maybe all that attention went to his head!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Right? And what's worse, that's the first time I've ever heard him say that phrase. Ever. And he saved it for THAT. Goober. 🤣

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Tucker sure was in his element surrounded by so much adoration, I’d love to have seen and heard him in action 😍 Oh and what a moment to trot out a phrase like “I don’t wanna”! His sense of comedic timing is absolutely perfect 🤣

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA