That was surpriseingly easy

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
So the day after I got my two birds I got them a bag of pellets. I was ready fo there to be a huge fuss and a long transfer period. However the day I got them my grandmother gave me a bag of seeds before I was able to get the pellets. So instead of doing a "cold turkey" switch I mixed the two for a little while and there was a lot of pellets left untouched at the end of the day so when I was running low on the seed/pellet mix I bought another bag of pellets. The same kind not the highest quality but I will be switching them soon to Zupreem and I will be mixing the fruit blend and I think its called natural daily entrees. Anyways after the seed/pellet mix ran out and just went straight to pellets and I have had no problems with them eating entirely pellets with the occassional treats. I was surprised how simple it was I figured as much as I did not want to I would have to buy a another bag of seeds however that is not the case. I am pleased to not have to buy seeds anymore. After christmas I recieved a couple coupons from PETCO where I had bought the birds. One was for a free bag of bird food but only a certain kind and it was only seeds so I gave it to my grandmother she wants to feed her birds seeds so I figure it's kind of a repayment for the free bag of food she gave me two months ago. I also got a coupon for a free bag of millets only a 6 count but the birds love them so thats fine and the last coupon was for 10% off any bird toy which I will definatly use just not sure on what. I keep wanting to make birdie bread but keep forgetting to get the stuff for it lol. Also for the past two weeks or so I have finally seen them using thier swing.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Do you ever think they just look at us and say, "Duh!"

Lol all the time. Birdiemomma I am aware of the fact a little seed is good for them. However since We are still in the "adjustment" period I say this because I'm still working with Hallows Eve to get him to come out of the cage. I have been considering using seeds as a way to convince my birdies to take stuff out of my hand and hopefully it will help convince Hallows Eve that I'm his friend. If I do find out Hallows Eve is infact a boy I will be sure to change his name. I'm also going to start introducing veggies to them tonight they will be frozen but thats ok. It's a start to getting them to eat veggies.

birdiemomma

Dec 2, 2010
California
Parrots
My Hahn's Macaw Bella <3
Okay good. I was confused as to whether you knew that or not & just wanted to make sure that your birds were all taken care of! I was told to never take the seed away from my bird but I was also working on having her gain weight because she was a little underweight?

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Okay good. I was confused as to whether you knew that or not & just wanted to make sure that your birds were all taken care of! I was told to never take the seed away from my bird but I was also working on having her gain weight because she was a little underweight?

Yeah I'm just caution about the seeds because when I first got them all they ate was seeds so being as how I've only had them two months and only like 2 weeks of strickly pellets I want them to be weaned off the seeds a little more.

Most Reactions

Latest posts