The association of picky birds

animalgirl555

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Mango
A just-for-fun thread for all of the picky birds who will do what they want, when they want, and how they want it! They are the ones that reject a certain toy just because you moved it to a different perch, refuse to eat pellets or look down upon their chop.
Together, they will form a powerful force known as the Association of Picky Birds!

Here's mine!
Member: Mango (Fischer's lovebird)
Known to refuse his chop, pellets, and any new food. He stopped playing with his favorite toy because I moved it down a perch. He only plays with leather and plastic rings (and occasionally paper). He even refuses millet spray (unless it's the millet in seed mix), safflower, and any treat that is not the millet from seed mixes.

*naughty bird refusing anything but his favorite seeds!!*
Screenshot 2024-01-01 9.30.21 PM.png

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My cockatiel Shifty is a member of the APB (association of picky birds). These members are wanted by the police for various crimes.
Shifty...
Won't eat pellets or chop.
Throws everything off the table.
Won't play with new toys.
Won't let me put him away.
Will bite if he strongly disagrees.
Will scream if he wants out.
Has damaged my hearing.
Will poop on the floor.
Chewed apart my wallet.
Squabbles with Frankie (my new bird)
Will try eat my food.
Changes my phone screen.

Here is the accused in the foreground.
Wears a grey jacket with white arms, has a yellow face with a crest and orange cheeks. Approach with caution
20231231_182534.jpg

Despite all of Shiftys crimes against human I absolve him for them all cos I love the little guy... šŸ„°

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
IMG_1091.jpeg
My Quaker parrot, JJ, is definitely part of this association!
He only likes me and will scream at and bite anyone else.

Doesnā€™t like new foods- will literally push them away and make gagging noises.

Hates all forms of paper and will violently attack them.

Will only bathe in a pink ceramic mug- Iā€™ve tried giving him other options but that just made him mad!

Doesnā€™t like clutter- if heā€™s not playing with something he puts it away in his ā€œtoy mug.ā€

He says quite a few words and phrases but wonā€™t say any of them in front of a camera! He reverts to plain old bird screeches as soon as I start filming. At this point, I wonder if people think Iā€™m making stuff up when I talk about all the funny things JJ says because I have no video proof!

I love him though; his little habits and his big personality are what make him so fun and charming šŸ˜„.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure

Rb TALK.jpg

"Hello this here is the Rickeybird which am me.
I do what I want when I want where I want and
that means bitin' who I want and so forth and
so on, and you can call me picky as long as
you call me the Rickeybird which am me."

vickieucb

Nov 16, 2023
Parrots
African Grey
A just-for-fun thread for all of the picky birds who will do what they want, when they want, and how they want it! They are the ones that reject a certain toy just because you moved it to a different perch, refuse to eat pellets or look down upon their chop.
Together, they will form a powerful force known as the Association of Picky Birds!

Here's mine!
Member: Mango (Fischer's lovebird)
Known to refuse his chop, pellets, and any new food. He stopped playing with his favorite toy because I moved it down a perch. He only plays with leather and plastic rings (and occasionally paper). He even refuses millet spray (unless it's the millet in seed mix), safflower, and any treat that is not the millet from seed mixes.

*naughty bird refusing anything but his favorite seeds!!*
View attachment 57011
My AG, Buddy, can join this club and maybe be president of the club.
He refuses to eat any green vegetable, or for that matter, orange, yellow, or red veggies; the only exception is that he will eat corn on the cob.
Also, if I do not completely dry his apple wedges, he drops them!
Buddy likes most toys I give him, but they must make a lot of noise. His favorite toy are the metal measuring cups that he bangs nonstop!
When I first got Buddy almost 3 years ago, he talked nonstop; now he only talks to his favorite cartoons or wakes up swearing.
My Buddy is so stubborn, but I adore him anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_1428.jpeg
    IMG_1428.jpeg
    466 KB · Views: 8

Most Reactions

Latest posts