May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Soooo.... every budgie owner knows that these guys are so pure, and SO happy provided they get good care. They're like little clowns, but the most ADORABLE little clowns ever. Point is, they're the best. For example (audio is horrible, sorry)
This vid isn't mine:

So yeah, budgies are the best, and here is the thread to post about how much you ADORE budgies!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I forgot how cute budgies are until I saw a YouTube clip yesterday. They have such tiny beaks and they come in sooo many colors. What a lot of fun. I only had one budgie who was super friendly but that was years ago when nobody had tame budgies.

I watched the bathing video and I may try that with Willow although he’s a bit big to fit in my hands, being a Quaker parakeet.

P.s. adorable happy stormy!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Oh my gosh, they are SO cute. I don’t want to support big box pet stores who sell them but every time I go in one I have to steel myself to walk past the budgie enclosure; I just want to take some home and prevent them from ending up in a bad situation.

On the other hand, I played the videos for Kirby to hear and he is VERY confused, but alert. He keeps making questioning noises at me, haha. Sorry buddy, I did not get you a roommate!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Budgies? Yeah, yes, YES.
I have fantasized about a flock of them for years.
The Rb has forbidden additional birds, so I have to satisfy my desires here.
THANK GOD FOR PARROT FORUMS!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Budgies are THE BEST. Try changing my mind!

Cockatiels are cool, but still, budgies are underrated.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Nope. Quaker parakeets all the way!

The only thing budgies have on them is they come in more colors and sound pleasant when they sing. But big cool nests, sarcastic talking, and compulsive organizing of the cage make up for that. 😝

And Quakers are starting to come in more colors! (But they’re very expensive.).

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am joking, and didn’t mean to hurt your feelings! Everyone has different reasons for a favorite bird. Budgies are super cute and colorful. Quakers are naughty and funny. Cockatiels are sweet and elegant.

I think it would be so neat to watch budgies raise beautiful colorful babies. Each nest would be a surprise πŸ™‚

I was pretending it is a contest but it’s not. Kind of a dumb joke on my part.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
P.s. adorable happy stormy!
His new thing is being a "super super SUPER buuuuurdie!". Whenever I saw that, he hops and pins and starts singing even harder!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Oh my gosh, they are SO cute. I don’t want to support big box pet stores who sell them but every time I go in one I have to steel myself to walk past the budgie enclosure; I just want to take some home and prevent them from ending up in a bad situation.
I do too. SO many in bad situations, and they're all so cute... especially when they're sleeping. Also, if you ever get a chance to kiss one (with a chonky back), you will never kiss other birds the same, they are SO kissable! Kissing Cossie is addicting LOL. Thankfully, she doesn't mind!

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
The only thing budgies have on them is they come in more colors and sound pleasant when they sing. But big cool nests, sarcastic talking, and compulsive organizing of the cage make up for that. 😝
AND they're adorable, have huge personalities, do the most ADORABLE dancing routines ever, and are the life of the party.

But yeah, Quakers are in second place (right below budgies) on my "Favorite birds of all time that I will 100% get someday after uni" list. But budgies are first! HA!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I am joking, and didn’t mean to hurt your feelings! Everyone has different reasons for a favorite bird. Budgies are super cute and colorful. Quakers are naughty and funny. Cockatiels are sweet and elegant.

I think it would be so neat to watch budgies raise beautiful colorful babies. Each nest would be a surprise πŸ™‚

I was pretending it is a contest but it’s not. Kind of a dumb joke on my part.
I knew it was a joke. No feelings hurt :)

Oh, and here are some babies!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
OMG! They’re even cuter than Gouldian finches!

My only pettable budgie was a cobalt blue but I got him around 6 months, I think.

β€”was just making sure😁

Last edited:

Most Reactions