The Cereal Monster Strikes Again!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
My Quincy loves sharing cereal with me. So I got some video of him sneaking down my arm to get his share. LOL! Also got a great video of him pulling the bowl down for more!

Yes, he is eating Captain Crunch but just know I don't allow him to eat sugary series very often. I don't allow myself to very much for that matter. LOL! But it was a nice treat and he loved it! Not that you can tell! Hee Hee!

[ame="https://youtu.be/HEKVHj1DjS8"]Quincy The Cereal Monster - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/yjHEDO2v2hU"]Quincy and the cereal bowl! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
Lol I loved those vids. No sure Quincy likes cereal much

Gracie is so bad about knowing when you have something really yummy in the bowl especially ice cream that I hafta take her outta the room or she will go right after hubbys bowl and help herself. Only problem he can't handle her so he's pretty defenseless and she will literally take the whole bowl away if she can lmao

Very entitled aren't they :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Lol I loved those vids. No sure Quincy likes cereal much

Gracie is so bad about knowing when you have something really yummy in the bowl especially ice cream that I hafta take her outta the room or she will go right after hubbys bowl and help herself. Only problem he can't handle her so he's pretty defenseless and she will literally take the whole bowl away if she can lmao

Very entitled aren't they :)

That sounds exactly like my Quincy! LOL! My hubby can't handle him either and so he won't eat around him because he fears he will fly over to him and try to get into his food! LOL!

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
LMAO see hubby thought of that and was standing in the kitchen eating ice cream last week. I hear him calling for me. I go out there and he's standing there while Gracie is grabbing his jeans to begin her ascent up to said ice cream

He looks at me (of course I'm cracking up) and says well I didn't think she'd get out here. Really? Did those flappy wing things not give ya a hint?

Gracie- 1 Hubby - 0

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
LMAO see hubby thought of that and was standing in the kitchen eating ice cream last week. I hear him calling for me. I go out there and he's standing there while Gracie is grabbing his jeans to begin her ascent up to said ice cream

He looks at me (of course I'm cracking up) and says well I didn't think she'd get out here. Really? Did those flappy wing things not give ya a hint?

Gracie- 1 Hubby - 0

Love it! :D:p

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Fantastic videos of Quincy allowing you to eat some of HIS cereal. I can't eat with Tsali out of his cage anymore -- he has gotten rather pushy about "sharing" to the point of trying to pry my mouth open to get a bite. If I don't allow him free access to my place he gets a bit nippy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, I am surprised there was any left for you! Quincy was sure loving that!
I made the mistake of taking down a bag of chips to the bird room, and felt like I was surrounded by a flock of vultures.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Fantastic videos of Quincy allowing you to eat some of HIS cereal. I can't eat with Tsali out of his cage anymore -- he has gotten rather pushy about "sharing" to the point of trying to pry my mouth open to get a bite. If I don't allow him free access to my place he gets a bit nippy.

Lol! What is rightfully theirs is theirs! No exception! Lol! ;)

Oh my gosh, I am surprised there was any left for you! Quincy was sure loving that!
I made the mistake of taking down a bag of chips to the bird room, and felt like I was surrounded by a flock of vultures.

I tell you one things, birds looooove to eat! [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
If I'm eating around Nigel and make the mistake of not sharing I get the stink eye and then if it goes on, he turns his back to me and is obviously put off. Yes, entitled the are! ������

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
If I'm eating around Nigel and make the mistake of not sharing I get the stink eye and then if it goes on, he turns his back to me and is obviously put off. Yes, entitled the are! ������
They are too funny!

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty's ring is right next to our table, but just a bit too far for him to reach, on purpose. He always shares dinner with us though, even it's only a little bit of what we are having. He gets his special is dinner too, usually chop of somemsort, but he loves it when he gets some of the same as us. I think eating together makes him feel like part of the family or flock or whatever.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Salty's ring is right next to our table, but just a bit too far for him to reach, on purpose. He always shares dinner with us though, even it's only a little bit of what we are having. He gets his special is dinner too, usually chop of somemsort, but he loves it when he gets some of the same as us. I think eating together makes him feel like part of the family or flock or whatever.

I find my fids like eating with us, too. But they have to take turns as I have 4 birds. It doesn't happen as often during the busy summer months but the rest of the year it happens more often. ;)

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
I do not eat with Perjo out of the cage, not yet anyway. It's interesting to note that when I eat in her sight she goes to her bowl to eat her pellets or treats as well.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
I do not eat with Perjo out of the cage, not yet anyway. It's interesting to note that when I eat in her sight she goes to her bowl to eat her pellets or treats as well.
That's a good thing! ;)

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Smokes was a junk food junky..Honey nut cheerios was her big thing. Amy used to lap the melted ice cream from my mom's bowl,and literly lick the bowl clean...for some reason,she has stopped enjoying ice cream,maybe coz it was her's and moms thing,and mom has been gone 10 years now.

BB however,wants to be with me when he eats "new" things. If I put stuff in his nummy bowl he wont touch it,but if I put small amounts of different goodies in a plastic bowl,and sit it down on my computer desk while I'm doing stuff,he readily tries whats in there..I have found that corn and a little smashed 'tatoe is his fav..he will nibble peas and carrots,spinach..ehhhh..not so much lol..grapes a little,and watermelon,but only if he is with me..oh yea...then he walks thru whatever is left then jumps on me..:rolleyes:

Jim

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Smokes was a junk food junky..Honey nut cheerios was her big thing. Amy used to lap the melted ice cream from my mom's bowl,and literly lick the bowl clean...for some reason,she has stopped enjoying ice cream,maybe coz it was her's and moms thing,and mom has been gone 10 years now.

BB however,wants to be with me when he eats "new" things. If I put stuff in his nummy bowl he wont touch it,but if I put small amounts of different goodies in a plastic bowl,and sit it down on my computer desk while I'm doing stuff,he readily tries whats in there..I have found that corn and a little smashed 'tatoe is his fav..he will nibble peas and carrots,spinach..ehhhh..not so much lol..grapes a little,and watermelon,but only if he is with me..oh yea...then he walks thru whatever is left then jumps on me..:rolleyes:

Jim
Got to love their quirks!! ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts