The pop tart monster

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I enjoy a cheap easy breakfast of a couple of pop tarts from time to time. I gave Timneh a corner of the crust the other day and omg was she in love wasted non of this tiny crumb and looked out the window so happy. Today I had a little bit left I didn’t finish on the plate. Timneh barreled down to the plate and could not be stopped. I got part of it back but she got a good mouthful. It’s a cherry pop tart. She was very excited. Sometimes Timneh just wants to try what I have and will looking for her opening to grab something. The other day I was super hungry and she was up one arm down the other. Or attached to my hand. I said to her Timneh this is getting really frustrating please stop. And wouldn’t you know I put her on my head and she stayed put. So I gave her a little piece of chicken. She’s so amazing.

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I can see the sheer delight in her face,Bill :)

At times when I would watch tv and be having a snack ( usually vanilla wafers) Smokey would get under the coffee table and shuffle from foot to foot while looking up and wiggling her tongue..I knew what she wanted! How can one resist when they look so darn cute lol.

Jim

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
No shame, perfect grey. Go Timneh after that pop tart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure
Sounds like Birdie. She always wants what we're having. We can put the same food in her dish and she won't eat it. BUT, if we're eating it, then she wants to grab it from us and gobble it up!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have always felt that parrots in general have a better sense of taste than the scientists give them credit for.

I bought an Hawaiian ice machine a month ago. I can't make an "icey" without Bingo DEMANDING a small portion of it. If I forget when he sees me getting near the bottom he will scream to remind me.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So funny to watch a parrot in food-motivated mode. You can actually see the look on their face. Get in the way at your peril! :D

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So cute! Her eyes say it all!! Pop tart crack addict,! Great pictures!

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
Peanut does the same thing when I eat something around her, up one arm and down the other. It is a bit annoying, but at the same time really cute because she does it while saying "mmmm" the whole time until I give her a bite. I don't even know where she got that from, she just says it whenever she sees someone eating.

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
hahaha, Enzo is the same, a total scavanger around the table and especially at breakfast. I cant believe how hard she can hold on and defend a tasty treat she has blatantly stolen from my plate. Does timney go for the largest piece she can see? Enzo once stole a whole poppadom, she flewaway but couldnt land any where as it was so large, she eventually dropped it as she was getting tired flying around with it...... cheeky girl

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
21441d1538159167-pop-tart-monster-c633a98e-35fa-40b0-9db7-3bc8e9448d1c.jpg

A prime example of a happy dino eye lol. Good luck ever eating anything remotely pop-tart like again without a 'friend' expecting/demanding you share;)

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
My food is kind of new for Timneh. She likes little pieces of chicken. Her pine nuts are in the fridge so she flies right to you or on the fridge when you open the door. She also attacks any bottle or jug you take out. she loves taking off the safety ring on the bottles. I buy small bottles of water so she can play with the bottle. Milk jugs and 2 litre bottles are her favorites though.

Most Reactions

Latest posts