The Side Effects from ParrotForums....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Am I the only one who's "suffering" from side effects from ParrotForums? I find the more time I spend on here reading, learning, trying to help others as much as I can, the bigger the urge to add on to my flock. :eek:

I must be insane. Like Parrot Fever has overcome me all of a sudden.

But that's not the only side effect. ;) Ever since joining, and noticing just how much we love our birds, and how much we do for them, I've gone "slightly" overboard with toy making, cooking for them and trying new things. My freezer is currently filled to the brim with cooked food and baked birdy bread. My dining room holds 3 containers filled with toy parts. Oh yes and then there's the 4th box filled with brand new toys as well.

Oh no, I'm not complaining. I'm actually loving it. And so are my fids. :D

I've gone as far as measuring out my bird room to see if and where a 4th cage "might" fit. MUST RESIST TEMPTATION!

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Haha I feel you! I am always thinking of what birds I can add to my flock in the future! I even dream about birds lol!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Haha I feel you! I am always thinking of what birds I can add to my flock in the future! I even dream about birds lol!

OMG, you too? I dreamt of bird the night before last. But not parrots. I dreamt of seeing Hummingbirds - in snow. :11: Surely I'm losing my mind.

OtterKin

Mar 22, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Parrots
Squirrel-GCC (suspected male),
Alice- female cockatiel,
Beattle- male lineolated parakeet,
No name yet- female lineolated parakeet
Dingo- male American budgie,
Darwin- male English Budgie
MBS! Multiple Bird Syndrome. I have suffered horribly from it.

horsesculpter

Jun 21, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Catalina Macaw, Sunny
So we are parrotnotics? Maybe a support group Parrotnotics Anonymous? I sit and daydream about the flock mates who will someday join Sunny, even though I know travelling with just one macaw is more than enough! And Oh My Gosh! The Walmart in Columbus has macaw sized toys. At home it is nothing but parakeet plastic. Yes, we came back with two. They are half the price of the pet stores and Sunny nearly fell of her perch rushing to get a real store bought toy. Is this obsessive? We actually went for groceries which are clear across the store from the pet supplies. LOL. Parrotnoya for sure.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
... and Sunny nearly fell of her perch rushing to get a real store bought toy. Is this obsessive? We actually went for groceries which are clear across the store from the pet supplies. LOL. Parrotnoya for sure.

ROFLMAO
I can just picture it. :D

If that's obsessive, than I'm plagued with the same issues.

The folks at our local lumber yard know me by my first name because that's how often I go there...for bird stuff. :eek:

I, too, dream of adding a flock member. A Greenwing to be honest. But it had better stay just that. A dream!

terry52449

Feb 11, 2012
Media
The Villages, Fl
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo: Cameo
I do have the same urges to get another bird. Either a Macaw or a grey but I would be pushing my luck with the wife. She knows I will bring home the occasional bird to care for and rehome but she knows that they are temporary. So far we have had three pass through our home. Only desparate situations will I take in a new bird to rehome. I make sure the new home is their last home for a long while. Since these guys live longer than we do nothing is permanant. But I do love the Macaws and Greys. So far have not got any to rehome yet. But we`ll see.

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
I know! I have my three and that's more than enough for now, but I can't help dreaming of my harlequin macaw that I'm planning on buying in 20 years! When the dream home is done with the enclosed aviary, watch out!

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Ditto... all of the above.

I've got it too (in advanced stage, lol).

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
I think its obvious I have a chronic case of this also. I have 10 parrots and my dream is to own a Grey. I love them all so much, many are rescues that I did initially plan to rehome, but they have weazeled their way into my heart and I could never let them go. They all bring me such Joy ! My boys always have at least one with them at all times, sometimes 2. Yesterday Ruby and Buddy gave me a new hair style, it was a hot mess but they enjoyed it. Today is toy making day, the boys are cutting blocks of wood and painting letters on them with food coloring to spell out their names. I decorate my barrets with their molted feathers also. Yes that makes me crazy bird lady !

008kenichijouji

Sep 27, 2012
Midwest
Parrots
Disney---Sun conure
I think its obvious I have a chronic case of this also. I have 10 parrots and my dream is to own a Grey. I love them all so much, many are rescues that I did initially plan to rehome, but they have weazeled their way into my heart and I could never let them go. They all bring me such Joy ! My boys always have at least one with them at all times, sometimes 2. Yesterday Ruby and Buddy gave me a new hair style, it was a hot mess but they enjoyed it. Today is toy making day, the boys are cutting blocks of wood and painting letters on them with food coloring to spell out their names. I decorate my barrets with their molted feathers also. Yes that makes me crazy bird lady !

That's awesome! That'll be me someday..... Haha!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I suffer from it! It advanced rather quickly with me. I started out with one budgie and ended up with another budgie within a week... from there Carlisle was added to the flock and then Spooky and lastly Kayak. I ended up with all of them within a couple months :eek:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I am guilty of typing 'blue crown conure' into the search engine more than once. :eek: MY FLOCK IS COMPLETE MY FLOCK IS COMPLETE MY FLOCK IS COMPLETE!!!! :eek:

Devann

Aug 2, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Vino - Alexandrine, Spot - Congo African Grey
I seem to be "suffering" from this affliction also!!! Bird toys/toy parts everywhere, freezer full of cooked bird food and constant search for additional cage locations!!!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
My bedroom (I live at home with my parents still) has more bird cages in it than human furniture. I've got my bed and dresser. The birds have their 4 cages and more birdie related stuff than I have human related. I've got containers of their food, snackies, dried veggies & fruits, and bird toys EVERYWHERE. I can't even see 50% of my tv screen because there's bird related stuff stacked in front of it. My father always tells me he "feels bad" that the birds take up most of my bedroom. Pssssh, I love those little guys. I don't feel bad, they help make my life a little more complete.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I seem to be "suffering" from this affliction also!!! Bird toys/toy parts everywhere, freezer full of cooked bird food and constant search for additional cage locations!!!

I really needed more toy making supplies - NOT! But I received another order yesterday, among other things, I got 144 (!!) plastic dinosaurs. Since I had opted NOT to have them predrilled I spent 2 hours making holes in each and every last one of them. :54:

Sheer craziness, I tell ya. :31:

Most Reactions

Latest posts