They're almost as excited about their boing as I am!! ... almost.. *pics*

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So it took Kiwi a whole hour to warm up to it, which is fantastic considering she didn't touch the mini cage-top playgym for DAYS after getting it. Even to this day she doesn't really enjoy it (sadface! I was hoping she would.)

Loki, on the other hand, has always been more "meh." He lets us put harnesses on him, he adjusts really well to most things really. So it's helpful that she saw Loki sitting on it and decided to join him.

They've also started playing with the mini birdie pinata I hung up on top, along with the large wooden toy.. they like to click at the bell hehe. The rope will stay on the wall until their larger cage comes in, and still, I'm thinking it would do better as a hanging playstand than an inside-the-cage-perch.. but who knows!!!

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
Female Sun Conure-Indy Female pineapple green cheek-Tiki
I love the boings! Indy my sun loves hers :) She already took the bells off the top and bottom lol I take a suction shower perch and stick it to the window and hang the boing on it with a toy and she just loves it! She just talks and plays and watches the birds out the window ;) Beautiful babies btw!

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Thank you!!! :) I bet a sun would love em, I absolutely love the temperament of a sun... They're almost between a cockatoo and a macaw!! Hehe.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So this morning I slept in a little later than usual, since I kept waking up with an awful headache, and finally around 11 I rolled out of bed since the poor birds have been so quiet and patient I figured they need breakfast(And so do I.. heh.)

So I made us breakfast and opened up their cage since they usually come out after they're done eating, and once I was done eating Kiwi came over and flew to me. :eek:
She does this most of the time in the evenings when she's tired of Loki's rough play, and she likes to sit on my chair with me, but this time she made it quite clear she understood I wasn't feeling so good, and came over for some comfort cuddles. :)

It never ceases to amaze me how birds are so keen on their flock-mates emotions, even when they aren't the same species. She's been with me for over a year now and I'm glad she knows me as well as she does. :)

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
How dang adorable! To come give mom some headache relieving cuddles - must be the best medicine ever :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts