Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Ah this thread is old. Well, I have learned more that I really wish I knew.

1. Food zombie. Will go feral for Pringles.

2. Cunning little monsters

3. Super cocky for no reason

4. Insanely speedy. Seriously. He had scared me far too much by almost flying too speed into a wall before dodging it at the last nanosecond.

5. A mastermind 50% of the time and has nothin but air up there the other 50%.

6. Huge show offs (does NOT like duets.)

7. Will distract you from what youā€™re doing until you acknowledge their existence before going to sleep and waiting a few mins to do it again.

8. Their presence lurks in your mind and pops up at the worst times. Having a serious conversation? Well too bad! You remember this face:
7B81BE6B-AB23-4D3F-96F2-FF86E83323A8.jpeg

I really wish I knew these things before getting a tiel šŸ’€

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
1. how dramatic they are! he is a little drama queen and I love it lmao
2. how DUSTY they are! I knew it was a factor BUT I underestimated how dusty they truly are! thankfully I'm not allergic to it but my immunity to smoke, chemically scents, strong smells, etc. plummeted over the 3 years I have had birds.
3. how loud they truly get. I was aware it was gonna be loud but not like him as he is a particularly loud little guy who screams at the top of his lungs if he eats all of his food before I can wake up (I change his pellets out every morning) so I will wake up.
4. how energetic they can be! I was told they were laid back and I got a super crazy, hyper-energetic, crackhead cockatiel and I love it!
5. how big they are! much larger than budgies and way bigger than expected!
6. SCRITCHES GALORE!
7. they wanna be in your business 24/7 which is nice for me
8. 'tiel seed blends are awful! I use seeds as a treat so I swapped to a budgie blend. I also learned that moose like eating cockatiel seed blends from your hand in your window.
9. cockatiels are little tiny monsters who think of themselves as a god. just as Rockwell did (yeah, ik, ARK: Survival Evolved reference. yes, it is cringe of me lol)
10. they make no sense 90% of the time
Scritches and wanting to be with you 100% of the time! The things I wish my budgies would like!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Scritches and wanting to be with you 100% of the time! The things I wish my budgies would like!
from my understanding, budgies tend to not be as touchy feely with their humans as say, cockatiels for example.

My budgies didnā€™t want me touching ANYWHERE but their feet or the occasional boop, and they would passively hang around me. Cricket is the same.

Budgies can be very Velcro-y but itā€™s not very common if they were aviary raised or mill raised like most birds in pet stores. Itā€™s more common in human raised birds if Iā€™m not mistaken.

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
from my understanding, budgies tend to not be as touchy feely with their humans as say, cockatiels for example.

My budgies didnā€™t want me touching ANYWHERE but their feet or the occasional boop, and they would passively hang around me. Cricket is the same.

Budgies can be very Velcro-y but itā€™s not very common if they were aviary raised or mill raised like most birds in pet stores. Itā€™s more common in human raised birds if Iā€™m not mistaken.
I know that's just the nature of budgies, but it's also why I want a cockatiel.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I know that's just the nature of budgies, but it's also why I want a cockatiel.
I thought that way too, until both of my budgies passed away. The guilt of wanting more plagued my mind, and it still does. I learned to be extra grateful for what I have, instead of wishing I was grateful for what I had.

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
4. Insanely speedy. Seriously. He had scared me far too much by almost flying too speed into a wall before dodging it at the last nanosecond.
They are absolute masters of the air. My 'Tiel will do a fly-by and touch the back of my head with the tips of his wings. They have big wings for a small bird.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
They are absolute masters of the air. My 'Tiel will do a fly-by and touch the back of my head with the tips of his wings. They have big wings for a small bird.
For sure! Rico enjoys hitting my face with his flappy wings. Little sky gremlins they are!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
For sure! Rico enjoys hitting my face with his flappy wings. Little sky gremlins they are!
We like to trick Rocky when we hear her wingbeats headed right for our heads by ducking at the last minute, forcing her to do a loop around the room! Ha ha! Two can play that game Rocky!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
We like to trick Rocky when we hear her wingbeats headed right for our heads by ducking at the last minute, forcing her to do a loop around the room! Ha ha! Two can play that game Rocky!
I could never šŸ˜­

Most Reactions