Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
My college student was home last weekend and showed me how to post on this site, I couldn't figure out how and was always adding my questions to others, sorry you all, (I'm not great with the computer). I'm thinking about adopting a cockatoo. I have one that has lived with us for a few years, a male U2...8 going on 9 yrs. old. It's been a journey for me and my family. We've all come to terms with each other, that includes Amigo, (our cockatoo), and are thinking about helping out another bird. Do I really want to? Yes. Is my husband in agreement? Yes, kinda sorta. He thinks I'm crazy but is very supportive. He loves Amigo from afar and hopes that an addition will be a good thing. I guess my question would be...what do think? I'm thinking another cockatoo, should it be female or male? I don't want a breeding pair but am concerned about aggression between two males. Would it be better to adopt a different type of parrot? I appreciate any feedback.

Hochimama

May 5, 2011
Malaysia
Parrots
{used to have} Fisher LoveBird, PeachFace Lovebird, Albino Indian RingNeck {used to have}
You can get a female as mate to your current cockatoo .. normally tamed parrots is harder to breed.

Most Reactions