Third day in her new home!

Jsoph

Jul 31, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Today is Miss Poulet's (Ms. Chicken in French) first time exploring outside her cage :)
Here's a first decent picture as her introduction! She is a 6 month old baby girl.

We are still trying to train her to not "scream call" us for no reason. We noticed that she usually stops calling when we turn our backs to her, and stares at us. Crossing my fingers she learns quickly!
She gets lots of praise and treats (mostly millet and sunflower seeds for now). She has munched on some spinach, but hasn't touched any other veggies/fruits yet. I imagine as she gets more comfortable with her home and us she might want to explore other foods?

IMG_4533.jpg
:)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Today is Miss Poulet's (Ms. Chicken in French) first time exploring outside her cage :)
Here's a first decent picture as her introduction! She is a 6 month old baby girl.

We are still trying to train her to not "scream call" us for no reason. We noticed that she usually stops calling when we turn our backs to her, and stares at us. Crossing my fingers she learns quickly!
She gets lots of praise and treats (mostly millet and sunflower seeds for now). She has munched on some spinach, but hasn't touched any other veggies/fruits yet. I imagine as she gets more comfortable with her home and us she might want to explore other foods?

View attachment 53229:)
She's beautiful!

Most Reactions

Latest posts