This ad infuriates me!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I was on the web tonight and I saw this ad:
this is NOT mine.

It infuriates me for obvious reasons!!!.:mad::mad::

what is wrong with people???
what scares me is there is probably some one out there willing to sell him one.

"HI I need a macaw for my kid she says that they can talk and what not im not a bird person but she is she wants a egg im open to offers and stuff mabe when it is ready to hatch delivery only plz"

Last edited:

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
She wants an egg? How about giving her a plastic Easter egg. That would be a much better choice. I'm sure there are talking stuffed animal macaw toys out there. That would be a most excellent pet judging by the amount of research that obviously went into "wanting an egg".

haleybird

Mar 1, 2013
california
Parrots
someday very soon a hyacinth! :)
Somebody should message her back:

Hello Mom looking for a macaw egg because her kid wants a bird that talks,

Follow these steps:

0. Do some $*#&@ research
(.5- including the research on how to correctly form a sentence...)
1. Lifespan: 60+ years
2. Birds are for bird people
3. See #2
4. I like the "Get your kid a talking stuffed animal" idea.

Sincerely,
The avian community, bird enthusiasts, and rescue centers across the nation.

JJones1719

Mar 9, 2011
Media
MD
Parrots
7 Year old SI Eclectus named Guapo, I have a 6 year old GW Macaw named Neleno
I would like to add that I would like a Million dollars after someone from this Board sends this person an egg. LOL I too have swamp land for sale. This is so crazy and cannot believe people out there that post these stupid ads. Thanks for sharing. Joe

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Sad to say that there are a lot of ignorant people out there, that person should be ashamed.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
And while she stated that she'd like the egg delivered only before it's ready to hatch (presumably to save her the bother of incubating it), she's obviously clueless about the requirement of hand-feeding a baby Macaw (which can go on for as long as 1 year in some cases), not to mention the arduous schedule demands associated with that :rolleyes::mad:

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
That makes me so mad! I saw something like that on Craigslist once where a person who had no bird experience wanted a cokatoo (spelled that way) for free or low cost, and it HAD to talk. I guess the only silver lining here is that nobody would be dumb enough to sell her an egg.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
That makes me so mad! I saw something like that on Craigslist once where a person who had no bird experience wanted a cokatoo (spelled that way) for free or low cost, and it HAD to talk. I guess the only silver lining here is that nobody would be dumb enough to sell her an egg.
Hmm, maybe we've discovered a suitable purpose for the egg scammers after all ;)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I already spoke my mind to this clueless idiot.

what really irks me about this ad, is if they ever got a bird, it would suffer a slow miserable, and senseless death. clearly they no nothing about Macaws, let alone feeding or caring for one.they say ignorance is bliss, not this time....grrrrrrrrrrr

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
me too, I bought Squawky Macaw when she was 7, I think I'll suggest that to them,LOL

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
UNBELIEVABLE!!! Stupid, stupid people....

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
I'd be tempted to get a chicken egg, draw some sort of wacky pattern on it (with blue, red and green sharpies of course) and send it to her labeled 'macaw egg'. Or, you know, yellow blue and green... Depending on what sort of macaw it is. ;)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Luckily, some "bird breeder" in Cameroon is going to see that add and find himself a new customer :). If this is real, and this woman is at that level of intelligence, those scammers will be all over her. After she wires $500 for a "rare and discounted egg" to be "shipped" to her (which never arrives), that will likely be all that's needed to turn her off to the whole idea of a parrot. After all, she certainly isn't going to be taking the step of researching you don't buy "ready to hatch" parrot eggs!

Most Reactions