This is something that makes me sad…

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
IMG_0077.png
I come across a lot of parrots for sale. I was actually looking for ideas for an outdoor aviary (hand built to save $$). These types of ad’s I come across make me incredibly sad. I have a parrot (Nico) who feather plucks. I don’t think anything in this world is going to change it. He’s still a great parrot. Nextly if a parrot feather plucks for a long period of time more then likely the feathers won’t grow back. It makes it even harder for that parrot to find a loving home. I hope this African Gray can find a permanent home. I wish I could take on more parrots. All 3 of mine are Velcro parrots which takes up a lot of my time.

I just needed to vent… it’s hard to read about people getting rid of their parrot for feather plucking.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 57476I come across a lot of parrots for sale. I was actually looking for ideas for an outdoor aviary (hand built to save $$). These types of ad’s I come across make me incredibly sad. I have a parrot (Nico) who feather plucks. I don’t think anything in this world is going to change it. He’s still a great parrot. Nextly if a parrot feather plucks for a long period of time more then likely the feathers won’t grow back. It makes it even harder for that parrot to find a loving home. I hope this African Gray can find a permanent home. I wish I could take on more parrots. All 3 of mine are Velcro parrots which takes up a lot of my time.

I just needed to vent… it’s hard to read about people getting rid of their parrot for feather plucking.
Oh @kme3388, my heart breaks right along with yours! I've never had a parrot that plucks, and i can only imagine the heartache that goes along with having one that does. But I would never in a billion years ever consider giving up on him or her if I did! Poor baby, I pray they find a loving home too 💝

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ugh! Well, y'all know me and the special place in my heart for the "less than perfect" parrots. I do think they make up for the appearance in their personalities. Even if they continue plucking forever, showing a troubled soul what love is is soooooo worth it in my experience. ❤️

That poor grey! You have to wonder though. We all know CL is full of scammers and flippers, so, is this bird even real? Is this story legit, or a made up tug at heart strings to make money? Is this person so lame that they'd dump a family member just because they don't look perfect, or are they actually concerned and want a better life for him? Whatever the truth is, it's sad all the way around. :(

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Ugh! Well, y'all know me and the special place in my heart for the "less than perfect" parrots. I do think they make up for the appearance in their personalities. Even if they continue plucking forever, showing a troubled soul what love is is soooooo worth it in my experience. ❤️

That poor grey! You have to wonder though. We all know CL is full of scammers and flippers, so, is this bird even real? Is this story legit, or a made up tug at heart strings to make money? Is this person so lame that they'd dump a family member just because they don't look perfect, or are they actually concerned and want a better life for him? Whatever the truth is, it's sad all the way around. :(
I hope you are right, and that this is a fake ad

Most Reactions

Latest posts