This nest? Opinions?

Adam_T

Jan 15, 2015
North Carolina
Parrots
Sheldon: Rose Crowned Canure
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C8O7Q0I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Vktech Brand New Parrot Bird Nest Shed Fuzzy Fluffy Warm Pet Bedroom Suspended Hut : Bird Bed : Pet Supplies[/ame]

So I ordered one of these because the old previous owners said that the conure LOVED it.

What do you think? I've seen tons of good reviews on other forums. I saw one bad one, so it made me ask.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Py had one like that. He loved it!

LaurenB

Oct 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Tiki //
Sun Conure - Nacho //
Indian Ringnecks - Kermit and Beaker
My Green Cheek has a similar one. She sleeps in it every night :)

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
My GCC is lost without hers. It does come with risks because they can ingest the fibres and get a compacted crop, or get tangled/strangled with loose threads. But it comes down to how well you monitor it and how your bird reacts to it. If your conure chews on it, then remove it. Watch for stray threads and wash it to keep it clean.

I tried removing it from Avery ONCE - and she was up until 4 AM quite literally crying because she couldn't sleep... meaning I was also up until 4 AM feeling like a horrible human being. It's been with her for nearly two years now (and replaced a few times because it can start to fall apart after washing), and so far so good. I don't have the heart to take it from her anymore, haha.

LaurenB

Oct 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Tiki //
Sun Conure - Nacho //
Indian Ringnecks - Kermit and Beaker
I would just like to rectify my previous statement regarding the snuggle hut. I had to take mine away from Tiki as it contributed to her becoming very hormonal and aggressive. Use with caution!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Amazon.com : Vktech Brand New Parrot Bird Nest Shed Fuzzy Fluffy Warm Pet Bedroom Suspended Hut : Bird Bed : Pet Supplies

So I ordered one of these because the old previous owners said that the conure LOVED it.

What do you think? I've seen tons of good reviews on other forums. I saw one bad one, so it made me ask.

My senni has one and Grey has one, both sleep in theirs at night. Have to wash them good now and then, they bombard the outside with poop from above. They clean up nice though.

Most Reactions