tilly my new girl..

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
Tilly- sun conure,Fraggle- male kakariki,Purdy- female kakariki,
Kiwi-male kakariki,Milo-male senegal,Piglet-baby lovebird
Long story short...lol
Ive wanted a sun conure since i looked after my friends last year..lovely birds!
found an advert for this one,went and looked fell in love! Even tho the bloke tried to put me off by telling me she does all sorts of things wrong! I have brought her home,cleaned her cage as it was yuck as were her two bowls..now she is happy about this! although previous owner hadnt spent much time with her for the last year she had a defo bond with him. i didnt want to say yes as im afraid she will not take to me and pine for him.
she has sat on my shoulder and knee of her own accord...lol
she has not done half the things he said she would...now is she just settling in and im in for a shock or am i lucky here?!! i am letting her out every morning for an hour and everynight for another couple hours...is this ok? i have many more questions lol

OP
sam777

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
I forgot to say she is 4....

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hello and welcome:)

Sounds like you are doing great with her.. If she is coming out and sitting with you, then this is a very good sign :)

OP
sam777

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
thank you very much!! im so worried lol
she was on such poor quality food i threw it away! so shes put up with new food...clean stuff and lots of pets!! i was told she didnt like the 6 cats they have....she just alarms a little at my tribe(cats,dogs and huge rabbit lol)
ive made more progress...was giving her and the others clean water and she fly into kitchen on my shoulder and had a shower under the tap!!!
it concerns me putting my poor little fingers near her feet tho!!! she has niped me twice lol

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
What type of food are you feeding her with now? Offer her plenty of Fruits and Veggies as well... Do you have toys for her Cage? They love their toys lol and a few different types of perches on different levels.

I have just realised, you dont live that far from me :)

OP
sam777

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
she is one the parrot mix from jolleys pet shop....and cockatiel mix...she has millet sprays and a chew! she turns her nose up at most veg and fruit is a no no..lol
she has not been given much of it i dont think!!! i still try her with is as i have here for the kaks....but i have found she will lick from a spoon...so have given her what i give my hedgehogs....lol...ellas kitchen mango flavour..all good stuff no muck in it! and she loves that...is this ok?!!!
i didnt notice that either....devon is a lovely place to live :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Just keep putting fruit and veg in her bowl each day and eventually she will eat it :) Pasta and Rice are another good thing, if you can get her to eat it! Is that a type of Fruit that you give your Hedgehogs ?

OP
sam777

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
lol...i am putting it in...she picks it out!!! now if it was crisps...she loves them ..very bad!!!
ellas kitchen make different flavours of baby food....a lot of us with hogs use it as its easier to feed...although mine just make a mess with it lol
i presume its ok to give Tilly a little of it? i have ones with veg in to!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Yes, any type of Baby food is fine :) Try one different type of Fruit each day, and the same with Veg.. It will take a while, but eventually she will decide she likes it!
It took Months before my Amazon would touch Fruit or Veg, but now she loves her Veg, but the only type of Fruit she will eat are Grapes and Blueberries, but she also likes Pasta nad Brown Rice :)

OP
sam777

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
thats ok then...i will keep going!! we aren't doing too bad shes only been here since sunday late!!
she is so far a quiet bird too....which is strange! she will holler if i go out of room or outside or if one of the other animals gets too close to her cage but thats not too bad!
also where she came from i noticed they smoked in the room with her....someone i spoke to said that might not have helped with her temper while she was there....i admit i smoke but outside never near this lot! (might even give up now i got 3 birds!!) :D

OP
sam777

sam777

Jun 28, 2012
Somerset Uk
Parrots
thank you very much for your help...:D
ive tried uploading pics...but me and this silly laptop dont get on!!!!!
will keep trying!!!

Most Reactions