Sep 26, 2012
upstate ny
Parrots
Jessie,african grey(Timneh)
Bayshing,harlaquin macaw
Fawx,greenwing macaw
Rizzo,greenwing macaw
Polly,catalina macaw
Hello all, I have been on the macaw sight because of my new baby. But i can't forget my feathered friend Jessie. She has been my girl (we think girl) for 4 1/2 yrs now. I got her as a fledgling. She is a very well behaved girl who is a just an all around great bird. There was a Harley who passed away about 2 months ago. She was a congo. We got her as a rescue about 2 yrs ago but I think she was fed anything but seeds so she didnt live past 17 yrs of age. Very sad day when she passed. SShe was my hubby's best bud. She was used as a breeder by ehr previous owner and when her mate died she plucked herself bald. After 4 yrs of trying to get her to bond with another male her owner dicided she wasn't worth keeping anymore. We had her for 2 yrs then the poor baby died of what we can only assume was an unhealthy upbringing. No matter what we tried we could not get her to eat anything but seed. Ee always offered fresh and pellets. We ate them in front of her and everything but to no success. The a long time ago when i was in my early 20's i got my first grey (congo) who was also named Harley. lol. he was my best friend for 5 yrs (i also weaned her) I had to part with my best friend though when i had family emergencies though. It broke my heart. I gave her to a very good friend of the family who has spoiled her rotten for the last 10 15 yrs. She is doing great and the 2 of them are unseperable. I still to this day get updates and pics of her. I miss her terrably but knowing she is happy and healthy lets me sleep. Even after sooooo long. Well thats the story of my grey's. I look forward to sharing all of Jessies stories with you all and reading all of yours. :grey:

Most Reactions

Latest posts