Timmahs Qupdate

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
So sweet! Sliding food door? You need to rig some type of lock! Concider not using them and put those SS cups there to clamp them shut!
I am surprised to see that style cage with sliding doors! Under the best conditions they are risky, but with a Quaker?
FYI, these little guys love to build stuff. Give him a box of coffee stirrers, wooden would be great!

Last edited:

Loko

Oct 1, 2016
Miami
Parrots
Sun Conure - Loco
So sweet! Sliding food door? You need to rig some type of lock! Concider not using them and put those SS cups there to clamp them shut!
I am surprised to see that style cage with sliding doors! Under the best conditions they are risky, but with a Quaker?
FYI, these little guys love to build stuff. Give him a box of coffee stirrers, wooden would be great!
For real. Outside of my families house in Brooklyn there was a colony of them, they build these huge fascinating nests out of twigs and sticks, they look like beaver dams on the top of the light poles.

OP
Timmah

Timmah

May 26, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Blue Quaker (Griffin)
Thanks everyone! He's settling in ok, has started playing with his boing rope and exploring he cage a bit, whereas yesterday he stuck to right near his food bowl with occasional trips to the water bowl :D

OP
Timmah

Timmah

May 26, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Blue Quaker (Griffin)
So we have a name! He chose Griffin :). We had a bit of a fly around outside the cage today. I used a sheet to block off the rest of the house, and opened the cage so He could come out on his own. He flew around a bit then fell behind the TV, but walked out by himself. A few more trips to the to, and the top of his cage, then the couch. He seemed to be having problems lowering himself into the cage, and was sitting on top for ages trying to figure out how to get in. I tried to help, and he didn't want any of it hehe. A little while later, he flew around again, and landed on my head. I managed to get one snapchat before he flew to my hand wooooo!!!

I then slowly got up and returned him to his cage, and he went straight for his food bowl for lunch :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts