Timmneh,5+years watery poop without the white stuff

Guineapigdude

Feb 5, 2011
Our 5plus year old timmneh is sitting on the bottomn of her cage, and has wattery poops that are missing yhe white stuff.
:52:

linzlee143

Jan 28, 2011
Poconos Pa
Parrots
Dusky headed conure
Sorry to hear your timmneh is experiencing this. I would suggest taking her to the vet to make sure everything is okay. When birds get sick it happens quick and signs may not be very obvious.
Droppings actually consist of three recognizable parts: feces, clear urine and a white urine called urates. You'll want to get a good idea of what each part looks like normally for your bird and monitor all three daily so you can report any serious changes to your vet.
Generally, the feces part of the dropping should be green or brown. It should be solid and coiled like a snake, segmented or in pieces. The urine portion of the stool should be clear and watery. Urates should be an opaque white-beige crystalline material.

Sometimes the urine and urates are mixed, creating a cloudy-looking material, but usually they are separate.

Not all changes in their droppings indicate a health problem. For example, different colored food can change the color of her poop. Like strawberries or cherries may turn the poop reddish. Watery food may make the droppings more loose than usual.
What has she been eating today??

You can expect to see an increase in urine also if your bird receives a scare or experiences stress, such as during a veterinary exam.

I hope everything turns out okay for your feathered friend
I'll say a little prayer for her!

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
If you see this change in your greys bowel movements and your bird is on the bottom of the cage, it has reached a point of illness where it can no longer hide it. This is very serious. Please seek out an avian vet ASAP. Where are you located?

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Your bird is sick and you should be calling an avain vet for an appointment as soon as possible not reading responses to your posting. We are not vets here but what you describe is a sick bird. I hope she gets better. I too have a timmie and they are real sweethearts.

OP
G

Guineapigdude

Feb 5, 2011
She eats a pelleted diet with a mix of harrisons, the poops returned to normal and realized she was at the bottomn of her cage to watch the fish,dogs.

Sorry for false alarm, the vet thinks shes fine.

Last edited:

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Is pellets all you feed him?
I would check the diet. I beleive that Tims need fruit and veggies in their diets.

Most Reactions