Tito's Progress

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
As some may know I was doubting if we would ever get here. I also had doubts somedays as to whether or not he liked me. From a bird that originally screamed every time I went near his cage to a bird that will come to step up if I cover my hand. I am hoping at some point he will no longer be afraid of hands.
Out of curiosity any of you who have had red-lored amazons what was their talking like? I didn't think Tito would talk but he says hi, step-up(first time saying it today) and Mama(which melts my heart).
Oh and he is finally growing his flight feathers which I am so excited about. I will try and get some photos to show those also.

Attachments

• Tito stepup.jpg
    Tito stepup.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 25

Dancake

Mar 8, 2020
United States
Parrots
Bubby (U2)
So proud of you and Tito both!! It can really take awhile to build up that trust, especially with an amazon. Took us about three years just for my lil man to finally start stepping up, and he still bites me half the time he's on my hand lol. I believe in all of us to get our boys to start being less afraid of hands!! Tito is absolutely stunning! I can guarantee you there's an absolute sweetheart behind that fear. Do you have a thread or anything where I can learn more about him and his story? Wishing you and him the best!! <3

OP
LoveOfallAnimals

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
So proud of you and Tito both!! It can really take awhile to build up that trust, especially with an amazon. Took us about three years just for my lil man to finally start stepping up, and he still bites me half the time he's on my hand lol. I believe in all of us to get our boys to start being less afraid of hands!! Tito is absolutely stunning! I can guarantee you there's an absolute sweetheart behind that fear. Do you have a thread or anything where I can learn more about him and his story? Wishing you and him the best!! <3
I don't. I just have posted with questions and concerns. Maybe I should create a thread for each of my parrots.

Most Reactions

Latest posts