Today is the day!

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Congrats!! Glad it all went smoothly. Can't wait to see him!!

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
No work tonight, THANK GOODNESS! They got someone else to cover the shift - I'm not usually one to turn down overtime, but there wasn't a chance on earth that I was working tonight if someone else was able to!

Fortunate really as they wanted me in at 5/6 and I wasn't home till just gone 6!

He's settled in well so far, didn't want to step up for anyone once he'd gotten onto my shoulder but would accept scritches from me (and me only!). He's got BIG lungs, but I don't think he's going to use them too often, he does standard sennie calls which are loudish, but nothing I'm not used to. Him and Merlin have been chatting away (Merlin upstairs, Charlie downstairs) and it was really pleasant and lovely to hear them! I'm beyond excited for them to be able to share the same room at least. :)

Turns out he can make some funny noises, water dropping being one of them, he seems to be fond of that one. Wonder what else he'll come out with! Doesn't seem like he's a 'speaker' but I think we've got a good mimicer on our hands. :) Fingers tightly crossed he doesn't pick up on Merlin's horrid screaming!

He's eaten and drank since being here and pooped (on me :(). So all seems well. I'm pretty happy with his general condition. He can fly and seemingly quite okay too. Andrew spooked him by accident and he did a bit of a lap. Didn't seem too exhausted by it, so happy days! :)

Will charge my phone and get pics up asap! For now I'm in dire need of some proper food (finally have an appetite!) and some real rest! :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I am so happy it worked out for you and Charlie. Meant to be.:21::)

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
Meg the Indian Ringneck, Drogon the BF Amazon, Leia the Alexandrine, Donnie the YC Amazon
Oooh, I am so, so happy for you guys! Sounds like Charlie will love it in his new home! Can't wait 'til he's out of quarantine and to hear about how he and Merlin will react to eachother's presence. ...And I also can't wait for pictures! :D :D I am really excited, haha!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I am SO happy for you, Cat!!!! Sounds like you and Charlie are off to a GREAT start!!!

I can't wait to see some pics....but I know you must be both mentally and physically exhausted. WHAT an incredible day it's been for all of you. :)

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Hello Mummy!
WP_20130627_001_zps3db943f2.jpg

Stepping up IN his cage (normally lose fingers with Merlin haha!)
WP_20130627_002_zpsa94a4c8b.jpg

Stepping up for Mummy and sitting on my shoulder for a good long while accepting scritches.
WP_20130627_003_zpsc1ad5e7d.jpg

Carrier on the way home being a good boy!
WP_20130627_004_zpsd0c2141a.jpg

He's staying in Merlin's travel cage until his arrives (we didn't want to order it since we wern't sure if we were getting him or not!).

But he ate some food and drank a little. Happy birdy!
WP_20130627_007_zps8e328e7c.jpg

Will add more asap!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:32: He is BEAUTIFUL, Cat!!!!! And it looks like he's making himself at home really quick and in a hurry!! AWESOME!! You must be smiling from ear to ear! :D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Oh he is beautiful, no wonder you fell in love what a sweet face. Thanks for the pics. congrats again:)

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
:32: He is BEAUTIFUL, Cat!!!!! And it looks like he's making himself at home really quick and in a hurry!! AWESOME!! You must be smiling from ear to ear! :D
I'm exhausted and look like crap, but here he is sat with me! He's been an angel. Not wanting to step up for Andrew just yet, but he's being a bit "full on" for a little because he's so used to Merlin. Needs to realise that he's still an anxious little birdy.

He's now sat on my shoulder preening. Very happy! Merlin's super chatty with him when they can hear each other. It's adorable - so at the very least I think we'll have a good chattery friendship, if nothing else! :)

WP_20130627_009_zpsd20289b6.jpg

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
Meg the Indian Ringneck, Drogon the BF Amazon, Leia the Alexandrine, Donnie the YC Amazon
Oh my! He is the handsomest lil' boy I've ever seen! :D :D It sounds like he's settling in amazingly. I bet you're soooo happy right now! And I am glad it sounds like Merlin is already appreciating the "company" :)

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Thanks all! We're hoping to get him to the vets in three weeks time and then see what they think of his health and regards to quarentine. (and a serious nail trim whilst we're there, ouch!) If the vet a-okay's everything then we'll take them out of quarantine and put their cages together so they can just get on with chatting and eye balling each other.

Charlie does the cutest thing. Merlin generally does a little whinge when we leave the room, follow by huge cries. But Charlie does a little dance up and down his perch begging for you to come over -then promptly shows you the back of his head for scritches. I'm in love. Maybe one day they'll be giving each other scritches. :21:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
He is beautiful! Congratulations! I'm glad all is going well!

Wdlodge

May 13, 2013
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Kiwi -Pacific Parrotlet, Rio - Senegal. Both hatched 2/2013
Aww he's so cute. I'm so glad you were able to get him.

It's funny how it all transpired. First you were like... There's this bird, then... well if its meant to be, then... Well if he is still there in "a month" I think it was?, and now you have him. So cool!! I hope that he and Merlin will be fast friends, after he checks out of course..

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Aww he's so cute. I'm so glad you were able to get him.

It's funny how it all transpired. First you were like... There's this bird, then... well if its meant to be, then... Well if he is still there in "a month" I think it was?, and now you have him. So cool!! I hope that he and Merlin will be fast friends, after he checks out of course..

Didn't see this!

But yeah it's wonderful how it worked out, he stole my heart immediately and I hated leaving him there, not once, but twice. So happy that he's with us now. :)

I can't wait for Merlin and him to meet, they really are chattering and calling beautifully to each other just from the other room. I'm counting down the days for quarantine to be done with!

Most Reactions

Latest posts