Toilet Paper?

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
I have a toy idea that includes a roll of toilet paper and I was curious if it's safe for birds to shred toilet paper?

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
i guess it's safe. i know of a lot of birds, including my own, that love shredding all sorts
of paper, lol.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
I use register tape, Walmart carries it really cheap! I don't think TP pulls/shreds well...never tried it though

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
If you use T.P. please make sure it's none of that scented or lotion stuff. I guess I should clarify... don't use it for a bird toy. Using it for your rear end is fine!! :)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Firmer paper makes better toys. Soft paper might be seen as nesting material. Not good. Though, my babies like to shred the cardboard rolls that paper towels & toilet paper comes on.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I have a wooden paper roll holder that my son made me in highschool... It's now part of Max's play area with a roll of toilet paper... Max doesn't use the toilet paper much, but I use it to clean up his poos... Max still plays with the holder itself, and the baby rings I put on top of the paper...

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Yes, I heard the glue on the toilet/paper towel rolls were toxic to birds as well so I don't chance it. Which is a shame because I have a bird that loves to shred, shred, shred!

OP
Lesa1211

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Well I use Scott Naturals. It's doesnt have a roll.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I get suuuuper cheap loo roll, so they're so cheap with money they don't stick the paper on. >: )

Most Reactions

Latest posts