Toilet Paper

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
is toilet paper safe for birds to shred? what if they accidentally eat some?(i know they probably wont but...) i am not using the roll or the inside paper with glue on it. the outside without glue :) i am planning to use it to stuff foragong boxes. wanted to make sure its safe

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
My galah loves chewing on the toilet paper roll(and paper towel roll) The actual toilet paper should be fine as long as it's not eaten.

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i thought it would be fine. becasue its not like im using the roll that has the glue on it. and i dont think they would eat it right?

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Codie loves to shred Toilet Rolls:) I dont give them to her too often though as it takes me nearly all day to clear up after her LOL

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
If it's scented, they're toxic from what I've heard. Some 'new' breeders have made mistakes with young chicks and have used scented tissues/toilet paper as bedding material only to have the young get an adverse/deadly reaction or even die.

If it's just plain toilet paper and roll (no glue holding the paper to the roll) you should be fine. :) Check the packaging if you're unsure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts