Too loud in the mornings.

Isablahblah

Apr 1, 2012
Hi I was just wondering what are some things i might be able to do to keep my GCC a tiny bit quite in the mornings. Yesterday she went crazy and I think my roommates got mad. They know she is naturally like that but would like to see if there is anything I can do in the mornings. Thanks! :red1:

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
How long have you had her? How much out of cage time does she usually get? How large is her cage? Does she have plenty of food, water, and toys in the cage?

Does she go "crazy" upon waking up? How long has this been going on?

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Turquoise: Loquito (Little crazy) aka Loqui.
Cinnamon: Lila
I've found they're usually quiet if their mouths are full lol! Try taking her bowls away at night and giving her a big yummy breakfast whn she's usually goin crazy in the am. Fresh foods something that'll keep her foraging or maybe nuts she can focus on cracking open n chewing up instead of screaming. This probably isn't the fix if there's an underlying problem but it's a good way to divert her attention in the mornings . Good luck! :)

OP
I

Isablahblah

Apr 1, 2012
Well I have had her for 3 years so I know she is usually load in the morning because she I usually take her out in the morning to hang out with me while I get ready for school. She I am guessing in the morning she is screaming for me to get her out jajaj. But also during the day she will scream from time to time a little crazy. She is covered before I go to sleep. I am use to her screaming in the morning but my roommates aren't so I am just trying to maybe calm her down a little so the roommates don't get all mad. jajaj

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Keep the room her cage is in as dark as you can. Dark cage cover, blinds down, and try to be quiet in the morning so she doesn't realize you are up until you want her to know.

Yes, I take the food bowls out at night and then when the birds wake up, they get a breakfast to give them something to do. I don't have any morning screaming that way.

Most Reactions