Too mean?

trimblegirls

Dec 30, 2016
Northern CA
Parrots
African Grey: Jasper
Blue and Gold Macaw: Lulu
Eclectus: Pickles
So I haven't been able to get Jasper on a training stand....yet. All of our interactions have pretty much been on his cage. Trying to get him interested in anything to keep him from getting bored. The other day I put one of those balls with treats inside (veggies, fruit, and nuts). Broke the bell off on the first day. :( Amazingly, he's been eating most of what I put in. I'm assuming that what's on the ground has been what fell out. I did it with the holes down for a couple of days so he'd get used it. Today, I put it in with the holes up, he's busy trying to figure it out. He should be able to figure out to turn it side ways, right? Ughh, maybe I'll make it hang lower. He'd have to get at it from the side of his cage instead of from a perch.

OP
trimblegirls

trimblegirls

Dec 30, 2016
Northern CA
Parrots
African Grey: Jasper
Blue and Gold Macaw: Lulu
Eclectus: Pickles
He was having fun until I went over with my phone to take a pic.

trimblegirls-albums-jasper-picture17610-excuse-me-i-playing.jpg

If you look in the background, you can see the ball. I'm just thrilled that I found something that entertains him and he'll actually eat the veggies out of it. It's been tough trying to get him to eat anything. He seems to like broccoli on some days. I feel bad if I give him broccoli all the time. Then I feel bad because he's not eating any veggies. I'm also not sure he's eating enough all around. The bag of pellets says that Greys should get 1/2 cup a day. He ranges from 1/8 to 3/8 of a cup daily. My "scoop" is a 1/8 cup. He's on fruity pebbles but I'd love to switch him to something that the 5th ingredient isn't straight up sugar...it's not even disguised as some "tose" ingredient.

trimblegirls-albums-jasper-picture17611-you-ve-interrupted-my-fun-i-ll-ignore-you-now.jpg

Ok, now he's trying to break it to get at the veggies.... Maybe I'll turn it back. But good news is that I might be able to put some cardboard box with veggies in it for him.

Most Reactions