Tough Day Playing... the last 2 pictures says it all! LOL

ksmith5151

May 22, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Parrots
1 Senegal Parrot (Cassie) and 4 Parkeets (Tia, Fidget, Tibbin, and Skyler)
Today I made Cassie her own rope perch for her play gym and she fell in love with it. I put the new rope perch at an angle so she can climb up and down easier from perch to perch and have more toys to play with.

During the end of her exahusting fun filled play day, I took some pictures of her. The last two says it all. LOL.

----- Kimberley Smith

Last edited:

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Thats a fancy rope perch... Where'd you get that? I had to take Ida's out of her cage, she got her toe stuck in it.

OP
K

ksmith5151

May 22, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Parrots
Thats a fancy rope perch... Where'd you get that? I had to take Ida's out of her cage, she got her toe stuck in it.

I just started making those rope perches a couple weeks ago. I make sure the braiding is very tight so there won't be any stuck toes. Since I've had so many nice coments from my bird friends locally about them, I'm thinking of putting some on ebay very soon to see if they'll sell. :) My parakeets and Senegal parrot LOVE the braided rope perches.

----- Kimberley Smith

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
I think you should! I have always had the normal rope perch, and never had a problem... then along came Ida. ;)

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
"Ellsie" Female, 2 years old, Senegal
I saw your post about selling your rope perches, if you do put them on ebay let me know as i really want one!! but in the UK being the only problem.. :s x

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Lol the 2nd to last one is adorable hahhaha! Ohh yeah can you tell me where you got that play gym? Thank youu :)

OP
K

ksmith5151

May 22, 2011
Lehigh Acres, FL
Parrots
Hi,

Oh WOW! I'm so happy that my perches are liked. I'll put some braided rope perches on ebay this Friday. I figured out I can create over 30 different color combinations and the centerpiece bead decor on each one will vary. The perches I made today are very pretty. Oh and I don't mind shipping overseas. Making them and selling them in my spare time would be very helpful. I'm going to collage to become a teacher. :)

Where I got the play gym? Oh gosh I can't remember. I've had it for many years and it sat in my garage covered for a long time before I got Cassie. It was still in really great condition so I washed it, added some ladders and perches, and gave it to Cassie. There was a time I almost gave it away but sooo glad I kept it now.

---- Kimberley Smith

Last edited:

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
"Ellsie" Female, 2 years old, Senegal
Awesome, if you can send me a link when you have set up your ebay.... youve gone international before you have even begun ;) x

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I had never thought of macrame! I can do that. Just imagine the shapes and "spiders" one could make!

mnsalani

May 18, 2011
Media
Kentucky
Parrots
Sushi, our femme fatale SI Ekkie
Please send me a link also! They're goregeous & I would love to get one for my new ekkie:)

upcgirl

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Parrots
Max--Senegal

RIP Ricco--Mexican Red Head Amazon
I love the perches! They are sooo pretty. Do you make them in various sizes?

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Awww, look at that tired baby...so cute.

Most Reactions