Toumor feather cyst??

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
A sad update, i dont know

She got a ct scan, she had this lump on her bum in two years, and in the scan its seems like the bump infalmed or pushen the organs that made her breathe harder, she will have a life long medication that reduces inflammation and takes off the pain so it feels easier for her to breathe. Im devastaded but the vet told is that the lump is possibly a good toumor but it may grow. I feel very sad but happy that the medication make her feel not any pain

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I'm so very sorry to hear this :( You did the right thing by taking her to the vet to get this looked at. Prayers that the medication can make this manageable and that it will not grow.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Do you still think she still can live a long life?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Do you still think she still can live a long life?
She will have the best chance if you follow the vets instructions exactly even if it's inconvenient and she doesn't like it. She could still live quite a while. But you need to prepare yourself emotionally for the chance that it won't help her enough. Try to enjoy her as much as you can keeping in mind that she may be called over the Rainbow Bridge. We all know how tough it is. You can take comfort in the knowledge that you are doing everything you can for her. You're doing everything right.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
She will have the best chance if you follow the vets instructions exactly even if it's inconvenient and she doesn't like it. She could still live quite a while. But you need to prepare yourself emotionally for the chance that it won't help her enough. Try to enjoy her as much as you can keeping in mind that she may be called over the Rainbow Bridge. We all know how tough it is. You can take comfort in the knowledge that you are doing everything you can for her. You're doing everything right.

Thankyou, i am aware and it feels tough thinking about the chances, the good news from yesterday was that she gained two grams and the vet told her she was very alert and did not seem to be dying, she will have a lifelong medication and let her fly and exercise more, the toumor itself was most likely non cancerous but it could damage her other organs. The meds will reduce the inflammation and relive her pain, but it feels very hard still

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
But im really grateful that she still is here, its her and her sisters birthday in 3 days, they will turn 8! Now that we got to give her meds in her whole life, but the problem is what the easiest way to do so. Its a little tricks to catch her on a tOwe, i tried to put some seeds in a spoon , but she screamed at it like she does when she finds a fun objcet. And if i put the meds in her food her sister will also eat it😭

Most Reactions

Latest posts