Toymaggedeon!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Just finished up my marathon toy making run today! I thought they came out really pretty. These are the ones for those birds rescued from a hoarder down the road and I'll take them over tomorrow. I made 6 big foraging baskets, 5 medium toys and 4 little heart ones. 15 toys in a day is I think my new record lol. I really hope the birds who get them like them!

DSC_9253_zpsedpjimer.jpg

DSC_9248_zpsdmpumgr4.jpg

Even I want to play in the foraging baskets! Some have a foraging cup and some have additional foot toys. The all have a foot toy, 2 treats (just wrapped almonds), a soft plastic fruit toy and beads_popsicle sticks woven/tied into the basket.

DSC_9246_zpshpq5mwsz.jpg

I have never made little bird toys before. Like for budgies. I thought they came out pretty cute:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
April, your toys are amazing! The birds will love them! What a wonderful thing to do for a very good cause! Your budgie toys are adorable. Thank you for sharing your creativity to help some very deserving birds that have been neglected far too long.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wow those look fun! You sure were busy April :). Great job on some nice looking stuff there.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I wish I had your creativity! I've got toy making stuff but mine never turn out as wonderful as yours do!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And, when you walk into that room tomorrow, there are going to be a huge number of very happy parrots. Blessing upon you!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Fantastic!!! Good for you.Know what if we all did that and donated once a year on the same day.Imagine how far we would go.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
April is it? As 'boats said, Blessings on you, April. Kiwi should be very proud of his mom.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
April, those toys are amazing! It makes my heart melt at the thought of those poor birds having these wonderful toys. Bless you for doing this for them.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Oh my gosh! Those are fantastic! You should open your own bird-toy shop on one of the sites like Etsy (if you don't have already). Those are definitely toys made by someone that truly knows what parrots like.

Most Reactions