Toys for Lorikeets

froche3

Nov 27, 2013
Parrots
Binky - Cinnamon Rainbow Lorikeet
Hi! My Cinnamon Rainbow Lorikeet is a new addition to our family, and I would like to make some toys for her/him. Binky doesn't like cuddling or confined spaces, so I can't make her a hammock thingy. She likes bells, and anything that makes noise. Unfortunately her last owner didn't take her out much, so she hasn't really learnt to play, or interact by playing with a human, and I want to teach her how to play. Is there anything that I can make for Binky that will make her more playful, or just be an interest to her? Any ideas?
Thanks
Binky and her owner:)

Eucalyptus

Nov 22, 2013
Queensland, Australia.
Parrots
Layla & Kevin - Rainbow Lorikeets.
& 1 foster Rainbow Lorikeet.
Hi, mine like anything colorful & noisy! Bells, drinking straws, paper muffin cups, wiffle balls, links of baby teething rings, sticks to rip the bark off of, fruit with small containers over so they can flip & find, clean seashells, buttons strongly sewed to clean fabric, lego pieces, small baby rattles...

I try to stay away from wood or frayed rope for anything in their cage long term...one because of how messy they are & prone to bacterial infections & two (specifically the rope) I heard they are very very prone to becoming compacted by fibers...

Most Reactions