Toys!!! (partial rant partial telling bout my awesome find)

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
So today I had to take my grandmother to biglots so we could get my cousin a couple cards for his wedding and I still needed a bag to put part of his wedding present in. Well I had seen fresh step kitty litter there for $4 (the same size at wal-mart is $12) So I went to check if they had any still left today sadly they did not. However, do you know what they did have? Bird toys and lots of them. Most between $1-$5. I spent $9 and got 7 toys Now only 3 of them will be going to Halloween the other 4 will be going to my grandmothers parakeets. This is great for a few reasons. 1 I've been meaning to rotate the toys in her cage for a while even though she just got a bunch of new toys last month 2 my grandmothers birds will have some new toys to keep them from being bored which I know they are cause she doesn't rotate out their toys so I know they're gonna love it when they get new toys in their cage sunday. 3 my neice won't have to ask me if she can get some toys for her birds. Now with toys THAT cheap why is that some people STILL refuse to buy their birds toys. Most of what I bought today were dollar items (including a rope perch for my grandmas parakeets). Go to walmart and you can get some toys for 98 cents. There is NO excuse for not getting your birds toys (or stocking up on them when there on sale either) in the past month ALONE I have been able to get my bird 10 toys for under $30. Seriously are people THAT CHEAP they won't spent money to get their "beloved" pet a toy. Seeing as how I won't be going to the movies tomorrow I may just go back to big lots and get a few more toys. Actually I know for sure I will be getting her some different perches (just to add more variety). Part of why I want to get Halloween a bigger cage is so I can put MORE toys and perches in there for her. Right now at this very moment Halloween has 6 toys in her cage 4 of which will be changed on sunday.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Sounds like a great find! I have never seen bird toys in the big lots here. Although, they are the kind of store that gets different things all the time, so maybe the one here will have them eventually.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
My favorite big lots find here was a movie that I had rented once,really liked, and then looked absolutely everywhere to buy. Finally found it in the three dollar bin at big lots! (apparently I'm the ONLY person who must have liked that movie) lol.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Well actually it was a total surprise these toys were there in the outdoor section it was nice to find then I went to PetSmart and got another 2 toys for $1.19 a peice

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
I stock up every time I go to a bird fair! Also pick up random things here and there, and buy toy parts and make my own. :)

dna

Feb 27, 2011
Media
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Isabella ~ African Grey Congo (female)/
Malachai ~ Soloman Eclectus (male)/
Willow ~ Sun Conure (female)/
I make my own toys as well and Big Lots and The Dollar Tree are FABULOUS for toy parts! With 5 fids I have learned to be very handy lol. Not only with toys but birdy recipes!

~Thank goodness I have children who love birds as well, or I would have to be an octopus with 8 arms to get what I get done in a day!! :30:

Most Reactions

Latest posts