Treat question

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I mentioned a few weeks ago about my moms chinchilla passing away, well, while at easter dinner yesterday she wanted to give me all of the food and treats she had just bought for him. Most of it wasn't even opened but I don't have any animals that can eat that kind of food. I took it anyway because I plan on giving it to a friend of mine that has chinnies but I was looking at the one treat bag and it looks like it would be okay for the birds. It says on it that it's for hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and rabbits but these are the ingredients: Pumpkin seeds, dehydrated bananas, dehydrated apples, peanuts, soybeans, sunflower seed, dehydrated papaya, dehydrated mangoes, raisins, dehydrated carrots, dehydrated alfalfa, dehydrated celery, dehydrated cabbage, dehydrated peppers.

It's 8in1 Wild Harvest Natural treat mix; natural fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts.

The bag is unopened, is there any reason the birds couldn't have it as a treat?

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
No reason I can think of why it wouldn't be ok. Sounds like a lot of the ingredients in that Golden Feast Merlin loves.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
8in1 makes wild harvest bird treats as well, I'm assuming the same stuff probably goes in their small animal treats as their bird treats, the bird treats just probably have less of the veggies that are at the end of this ingredient list. It looks like it's mostly pumpkin seeds and dehydrated fruit anyway.

Most Reactions

Latest posts