Tumors and bumblefoot

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I've spent all day at 2 different vets today with a rescue zon, 500$ later i don't like my options at 750=1000 per treatment maybe needed 3 times. And that's not a cure. She's doomed. Rescue is not all i hoped it would be like. Thanks again for giving a older birdie a second chance, just do the best you can.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Aww what a sweetie,

Yes just do the best you can, see what the vet has to say and go from there.
You are doing a great thing giving him a loving home and finding the care that he needs. Once the vet sees him you will know what you are dealing with and decide what is best for him!!!

OP
Aquila

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
The vet visit is about two weeks out, but is there anything I should do in particular before I go or anything I should ask or be prepared for? This is actually going to be my first vet visit as well, since I never went as a kid with my animals.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I'd put some white paper under her , so you can carry some fresh droppings . Ask for a opinion on if she's over/under weight? Record how much she weighs. Keep a copy of records (usually they can email,later). Ask questions ,ask if they are familiar with treating the issue. Ask if there's someone else they would recommend for a second opinion. (Vet in your area might not see that many birds), maybe they could consult with another AV.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
When I brought Rosie to the vet they wanted to know what her diet had been, so before going I made a list of all the foods she eats on a weekly basis.

OP
Aquila

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Sydney's vet appointment is Tuesday! Nervous, and worried a bit about cost. I have about $150 set aside, the appointment being $70 for the basic without any extra tests.

I'm likely taking out a care credit loan to get some extensive dental work done for myself, so hopefully I'll get approved for some extra to take care of his potential vet bills.

I also just bought him a nice cage, so that ate into my finances a little bit, but he seems happy and I got a great deal on it with my employee 30% discount coupon.

Most Reactions

Latest posts