Tusk is finally starting to relax

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
He still isn't as animated as he was before his recent adventure, but he is starting to vocalize more and more, and is finally starting to get back into some of his old routine, and seem like his old self...

Clearly, this shook him up a lot.

The other bird still isn't talking much either, but his owner reports that he seems very happy to be back in familiar surroundings...

That's right bird, step out that front door, and not only does nobody fill your food and water dishes, but you yourself become a food product...

Remember that!

Sarah says we don't have to worry about him flying off again any time soon...

I'm not going to test that theory!

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Poor Tusk, he's had quite an experience! My blue and gold flew off my Dad's shoulder one day and up into a tree. She landed on a branch about 50 ft up. My heart was in my mouth when I was told this and when I ran out to where she was she let out a happy squawk and flew down to me. She wasn't up there for 5 minutes and even in that short time she was shaking like a leaf and was very cuddly afterward! I'm so glad you got Tusk back and reunited the other birds with their owners!

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Poor Tusk, he's had quite an experience! My blue and gold flew off my Dad's shoulder one day and up into a tree. She landed on a branch about 50 ft up. My heart was in my mouth when I was told this and when I ran out to where she was she let out a happy squawk and flew down to me. She wasn't up there for 5 minutes and even in that short time she was shaking like a leaf and was very cuddly afterward! I'm so glad you got Tusk back and reunited the other birds with their owners!

I did macaw on the top of a 3 story building. Too chicken to come down, holding up a foot and flock calling for about 2 hours before she finally worked up the nerve to fly back to me... (Then she seemed pleased with herself! I was the one shaking like a leaf!)

I did an amazon at the top of a 50 foot tree (she was freeflying and got too close to a crows nest and they massed and attacked her. She got WAY back in the tree, and I had to climb up and get her down because she was NOT coming out for anything.

Most Reactions