Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Here's the funny little Budgie again :D He's determined to do everything the parrots do. Such an aggressive little guy, he stands up to my Pionus who's 200g heavier than him. Now he's trying to prove he's a tough guy by tackling the big wooden parrot toy and trying to chew it but he can't!! His little beak isn't strong enough! It's hilarious considering his beak is so small he can't even draw blood if he tries LOL. But I think he'd take on a Macaw given the chance..

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Maybe you need to add a little cardboard to that toy, so you know, 'every bird' can play:D You sure raise confident birds!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Maybe you need to add a little cardboard to that toy, so you know, 'every bird' can play:D You sure raise confident birds!

There is actually a toy that has cardboard and thinner wood right near that one! I think he must have been trying to prove himself lol.

That Twigs was an OVER confident little guy from the get go... Our late budgie Pix was his buddy, but he probably also thought he was a jerk! When Twigs wasn't mutually preening with Pix, he'd be bullying him, trying to mount him, etc. :52:. You should see him when he stands up to the parrots... He stands tall with head fluffed out, and goes toe to toe with Raven posturing and pecking at him lol. I think Raven usually looks at him and laughs before telling him to get lost. Twigs is hilarious. I was considering down the road, giving him a parakeet friend again, but geez now I don't know... He's so aggressive. Even though budgies aren't passive birds, I think he's probably even more so than most budgies.

Last edited:

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Maybe he's just picking strips off it, looks like somebody has started it off nicely for him to be able to do that. My dog used to do that with rawhide bones. She wasn't very interested, but if her "brother" would start one off and get it sucked and chewed a bit, then she'd take over.

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Twigs is such a cutie!

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Oh that's adorable!! I love budgies! I say I won't get any more fids but I do believe I will be getting my granddaughters a budgie in the near future...of course I will probably keep it here for them..lol.:09:

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh that's adorable!! I love budgies! I say I won't get any more fids but I do believe I will be getting my granddaughters a budgie in the near future...of course I will probably keep it here for them..lol.:09:

Good plan :D Keep the bird for them lol, they can come to grandmas to see 'their' bird! Ideally, get a flight cage and keep more than one. Budgies are very social and really appreciate being with their own kind. If you get two (especially handfeds) and work with them consistently, they'll be friends with each other AND tame with humans. Pet shop budgies like Twigs who weren't hand raised usually become tame with some patience, but Twigs still prefers no handling. He's not wild, just doesn't like to be touched except will step up to come out of his cage.

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
My little budgie Bert (30 years ago) would go try to tear up the CAG's toys!

He was super funny and uber bonded to me. He loved to be doing whatever I was doing all the time.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Twigs looks so cute, sorry Twigs, I meant, so manly with his monster toy! It's great to see him so happy and a part of the big boy club.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

He was super funny and uber bonded to me. He loved to be doing whatever I was doing all the time.

I wish I had a budgie that was bonded to me. There's just something so adorable with extra-small birds :).

Twigs looks so cute, sorry Twigs, I meant, so manly with his monster toy! It's great to see him so happy and a part of the big boy club.

I will tell him you said 'manly'... He looks very manly. Not cute!! Lol

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon

I wish I had a budgie that was bonded to me. There's just something so adorable with extra-small birds :).

I think he was so bonded cause I was so young and no one told what I could or couldn't do with him..LOL There wasn't the internet or anything. I just did what I did with him. It probably helped that he was barely weaned when I brought him home and I spent hours and hours everyday with him. I'm not sure if I got another one now it would be as bonded just because now I know all the things you aren't supposed to do with them. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions