Understanding Jibberish

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
I can't imagine how cute mango must be doing the birdie gibberish! I have heard birds do that little thing before, and it's quite adorable. Poor little sengal though, I bet his little ear holes are burning about you saying he has a bad voice :)

Unfortunately his voice would burn you ear holes! I feel bad saying it, he was completely isolated without even a window for over 5 years. I dont know if the isolation is responsible for his squeeky-fan-belt voice, or if someone may have physically damaged him. We suspect he was abused. The male human in his family was aggressive and abusive to his wife and child, so at the very least he heard a lot of violence. I doubt he was spared being the victim. He had some sort of oily grunge on his feathers, I suspect it was coffee or cola or something. He was the color of an avacado when he came, and after a few feathers he is a completely different color. Hes a bright lime green and sunflower yellow now that he has had some thorough showers! I know isolation can damage development of the human brain, but Ive never seen a study on animal exposure. He is a good whistler though, and he loves to listen to us whistle for him. He still occasionally tries to talk, and very loudly when hes excited. We dont discourage it, but we talk back and praise him for being social. In general we whistle with him though, we dont encourage him to try to talk.

Most Reactions

Latest posts